the Rift

[PRIVATE] talent optional [FESTIVAL PREP]

Rhodoc Posts: 24
Aurora Basin Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 4 years
felix

RHODOC
louder than god's revolver and twice as shiny
The deer must not take criticism well, because he shoots me a sharp look before ceasing to play altogether. Oh, c'mon, I want to say to him, don't be like that, but I'm not entirely sure he'll be able to understand me.

So instead, I set my ears toward Rikyn. At least he seems to be taking my comments well, because his chocolatey lips curl into a grin. Maybe he knows Twighead is garbage at drumming and I'm only further fortifying his opinion.

I laugh with Rikyn at his joke, but the truth is I don't really get all this bonding bullshit. I mean, seriously, what is the appeal of having another living creature be able to read your mind? The idea of someone poking around in my head is enough to make me cringe. And all this "connected soul" stuff is--and I say this somewhat respectfully--bizarre.

"You think you can teach him?" "Me? Oh gods no. I'm not much of a percussionist, you see." It's true, and I'm sure this comes as a relief to the scowling companion. At this point, I tilt my head towards him and give him a reassuring smirk. "A pointer, though, while we're on the subject: try to count off the beats in your head, and keep the same number of beats between each strike. Should help with your timing." Still unsure if he understands me, I glance back at Rikyn in case he needs to translate or do all that wack telepathic communication jazz.

And then we're talking about songs, which is cool because it gives me a fuzzy feeling of warmth. I don't even attempt to be humble when it comes to singing: I know I'm great. I know this because when I was still hanging around my old home, I sang in front of an audience on numerous occasions. Weddings, birthdays, holidays, allll sorts of celebrations. It's kind of my thing. "Yeah, yeah, there was lots of music. A whole shit ton, but singing, mostly. That's what I did. I couldn't remember any of the songs if I tried, though. I'm alright, I guess," I say, but I can't even pretend. My lips stretch into a wider smirk. "If he--" I gesture towards Rikyn's deer with my muzzle, "ever needs help with vocals, I'm your guy."

artwork by littlewillow-art

@Rikyn
[Image: Rhodoc_pixel1.png]
Please tag me in all posts!
Magic/violence cool whenever.

Messages In This Thread
talent optional [FESTIVAL PREP] - by Rikyn - 04-28-2017, 07:48 AM
RE: talent optional [FESTIVAL PREP] - by Rhodoc - 05-06-2017, 10:00 PM
RE: talent optional [FESTIVAL PREP] - by Rikyn - 05-08-2017, 09:43 AM
RE: talent optional [FESTIVAL PREP] - by Rhodoc - 05-08-2017, 02:13 PM
RE: talent optional [FESTIVAL PREP] - by Rikyn - 05-09-2017, 11:32 AM