the Rift

[PRIVATE] Dragons in the Moonlight

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Fascinating, the Mountain said, and Amaris is relieved that she has not bored the scholarly mind of her Seer, that she was seen as something other than boring, or an embarrassment. The dragonmare hadn't realised before just how much stock she put into the Mountain's opinions, particularly of her, and it surprised her to come to this realisation - how well did she know the Mountain? Not even well enough to know if 'The Mountain that Knows' was her only name, for it sounded like the moniker normally bestowed upon those of high rank or recognition, those who had earned enormous amounts of respect and awe - and perhaps that was it, perhaps that was why Amaris naturally felt inclined to treasure the words, the opinions or criticisms she offered.

"They are unique," the dragonmare concurred softly, simply, eluding to the fact that she had never come across another who held similar magic. That, and each soul she summoned was unique, though if she concentrated enough she could call the same soul to her multiple times - it was something she did more as a child, before Dramyrth, when she craved familiarity, love, friendship. Now, it seemed, those needs were being met, and the summoning of souls was more of a random affair, a lucky dip, a lottery.

Silence settles then, it lingers and expands, though Amaris feels some small semblance of awkwardness over it, she simply accepts the company of her Seer for a quiet moment, shifting her weight so that she looks out over the edge more, watching the drifting dance of the spirits and dragons before them. It is peaceful, blissfully so, as she takes in everything - and then everything comes back to her, her worries, her concerns, her fears. She wanted to follow the Goddess' guidance, she wanted to be rid of these emotions, but she couldn't shake the feeling that the recent changes in the herd put them into a sort of imbalance, a tilt where ranks they surely needed more than others were left vacant, empty, lacking.

"I do wish I held magic that could be of more use to the herd," she commented idly, not meaning to be ungrateful for the magical gifts she already held but simply to express that she wished that she either knew how to use them in a more constructive way, or that the magic itself was better able to aid the herd. "With so many thinkers in our ranks, I feel the recent shift in ranks has left vacancies were no vacancies should ever exist - though perhaps I am simply too paranoid about wars and uprisings." It was highly possible that she was simply paranoid, it was a result of her upbringing, of her lineage, to fear the constant chaos that was war and battle and death and destruction.

"Are you concerned that our healing ranks are too thin with two of their ranks having moved on?" She wasn't suggesting that the promotions were ill-deserved, merely observing that their existence opened a gaping hole she was worried an enemy might seek to exploit.

She hoped she was just being paranoid.

Ooc: @Isopia
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Dragons in the Moonlight - by Isopia - 04-28-2017, 10:23 AM
RE: Dragons in the Moonlight - by Amaris - 05-02-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Dragons in the Moonlight - by Isopia - 05-02-2017, 03:27 PM
RE: Dragons in the Moonlight - by Amaris - 05-03-2017, 06:53 AM
RE: Dragons in the Moonlight - by Isopia - 05-11-2017, 12:46 PM
RE: Dragons in the Moonlight - by Amaris - 05-12-2017, 11:28 PM