the Rift

let me be your killer king [vol vs merida]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

His offer of clemency lands on deaf ears, and with a deep sense of dread in the pits of his belly, the beast realises what he must do. There is no other option now, no possible course of action that can save his sister's life. This knowledge is not satisfying, does not make him feel strong or just as taking a life normally does - it is just the simple determination to carry out this most unpleasant of tasks.

He does not want to do this, but he must. For Vitani, and for their precious daughter.

The goliath's attack finds its mark, and the mare retaliates with a bite to his throat and a kick to his forelegs. He ghosts backwards, fully avoiding the kick and causing the bite to rasp across the front of his neck to leave a small, nonetheless painful bruise in its wake. Volterra considers attacking normally once again to try and weaken her further and give her one last chance to leave with her life, but he knows deep down that it's just weakness to delay the inevitable. Her mind has gone, and she is broken. She must be stopped.

He's killed in his horse form before, as those heavy hooves of his seem perfectly designed to crush an opponent's skull like it's no more than an eggshell. This time, however, he has another weapon under his belt. He has his shapeshifting magic now, and he knows that this kill will be far easier if it's carried out in that form.

With a sudden crack of breaking bone like a peal of thunder, the Indomitable begins to transform. His fur lengthens, grows matted and shaggy; his muscles bulk out even further, his limbs snapping and contorting as he becomes something different. The agony is pure, almost unbearable; Volterra is a strong and hardy man, but he still has to bite his tongue to keep from screaming as every bone in his body shatters and re-forms, as each sinew rips and tears. After what feels like an age but is in reality no more than a second, Volterra the cerberus stands before Merida; almost eighteen hands of reeking black fur with rippling muscles beneath, paws the size of dinner-plates tipped with deadly claws, and three massive, blunt-snouted heads, each with a muzzle filled with savage teeth and a lolling pink tongue that drips drool onto the ground beneath. His eyes remain crimson, and look even more terrifying given the fact there's now three sets of them.

He is a creature from the depths of anybody's most horrendous nightmare, and in this form his more base emotions override anything else inside him. After all, the heads embody his three most obvious vices; Wrath, Lust, and Avarice. Wrath, the central head, is the most dominant of the three and it pulses a heady sense of bloodlust through the massive body behind it.

He lunges. Each head opens its jaws, exposing the beastly teeth within, and the central one aims for Merida's throat. It attempts to simply rip into her windpipe and tear it out, killing her quickly and effectively. The left and right head seek to grab onto her shoulders and hold her in place.

________

Fight for @Merida ! Continuation of this thread.

Merida will be dying at the end of the 3 round fight.

3/3 - 536 words

DEAD I AM THE DOG, HOUND OF HELL YOU CRY
DEVIL ON YOUR BACK, I CAN NEVER DIE
image credits: one | two | three

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: let me be your killer king [vol vs merida] - by Volterra - 06-04-2017, 06:39 AM