the Rift

[PRIVATE] I don't need God, I need you

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
Normally he's given advance warning of anybody approaching by his dragons, or by his own acute senses that he rarely allows to rest. This is one of those very unusual occasions, however, when he's so at ease that he's not paying a great deal of attention to his surroundings, save for the cursory sweep of an ear to listen for approaching predators. His dragons are both so engrossed in their activities - Vadir in her sleep, Vérzés in his dinner - that Isopia's presence takes him utterly by surprise, and he gives a quite ungainly lurch of astonishment as she speaks.

Quickly trying to compose himself, Volterra schools his face into what he hopes is an expression of relaxed indifference rather than one that will bely his pulsing heart from the shock she gave him. Vadir, awoken by her bonded's movements, yawns luxuriously and looks furtively around for Babel as soon as she notices the Mountain's presence. He's not there, and her horned, scaled features frown with disappointment. Her stomach rumbles and she casts a cursory glance down at her red brother to see whether his catch is worth stealing from him, but finding it almost fully devoured, she takes to the wing to hunt for her own dinner. Vérzés finishes crunching the last couple of rabbit bones, then waves a cheery paw at Isopia before launching into the sky and disappearing as well.

It's almost like the pair have timed it to leave Volterra alone with Isopia, and he glares suspiciously after their retreating forms before turning his attention to the giantess. Just the sight of her settles his beating heart, before sending it back into a frenzy as he realises the last time they were both here. Those memories return tenfold, and it takes quite the effort to dismiss them and concentrate on the present rather than the past. "Kis hollo," comes his warm and hearty greeting. He, in contrast to her, takes great delight in addressing her once again. It reminds him of their older meetings, rather than the selection of awkward recent ones.

Her words register for the first time, and he tilts his head in surprise. A mountain, speaking? "I was also unaware that mountains could talk," he says, his interest evident. "What did it say?"

image by neverr the glorious

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
I don't need God, I need you - by Volterra - 05-02-2017, 01:35 PM
RE: I don't need God, I need you - by Isopia - 05-02-2017, 03:00 PM
RE: I don't need God, I need you - by Volterra - 05-02-2017, 03:44 PM
RE: I don't need God, I need you - by Isopia - 05-02-2017, 03:52 PM
RE: I don't need God, I need you - by Volterra - 05-03-2017, 01:15 PM
RE: I don't need God, I need you - by Isopia - 05-08-2017, 11:03 AM
RE: I don't need God, I need you - by Volterra - 05-11-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: I don't need God, I need you - by Isopia - 05-11-2017, 03:45 PM
RE: I don't need God, I need you - by Volterra - 05-12-2017, 01:34 PM
RE: I don't need God, I need you - by Isopia - 05-12-2017, 01:52 PM