the Rift

[OPEN] DIPLOMACY, part ii

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
“You must be the Windswept I’ve heard talk of. The words send shock racing through her, like being promoted all over again. Why was it easier to say she’d been promoted than she hear that there were rumors of her ascension, that her legend title is already known? She shouldn’t be shocked, of course, because she knows their titles as they know hers, remembers how easily gossip traveled in Morham long ago. Nothing stays a secret long. The shock does not show on her face though, and like so many times before, she’s thankful for her upbringing, for the countless years spent learning to hide her emotions behind a pleasant, princess worthy smile. Ah, but no longer just the smile of princess, but the smile of a Queen. It is different, somehow, softer and sturdier than before.

She nods her head as Ampere continues, adding a “Thank you,” in response to the well-wishes for both Tembovu and herself. Tembovu had been around, spending more time with family now, and she wondered how he was doing. Part of her still could not think of him as anything but The Elephant King, and never just The Elephant. Had his own view of himself shifted, or had he never cared about the title he bore for far too long? Sometimes the wearer shapes the crown, sometimes it shapes the wearer, and she has never know which way it worked for Tembovu.

Ampere continues, suggesting that their sleuths practice one on another without losing items. Lyanna grins a bit at that, nodding. “I think that’s a great idea. I will let our sneaks know.” Both her and Alysanne had planned meetings with the ranks after this as well, so it would be the perfect time to let them know that the Throat had agreed to practice with them.

The topic shifts back to Kaos as Volterra tells of his daughter’s experience with the altar and his opinion of Kaos. He, like Lyanna, is beginning to wonder if Kaos is as evil as they might have first thought. That said, it’s possible this is all a charade, as Kisamoa had been a charade. Once trust is gone, it’s hard to earn it back. If he had come to them with such good intentions, why not come as Kaos? At the same time, why put so much effort into ensuring their trust if he didn’t want their help in some regard? The question – always the question – was just what he might want their help with.

She waits for Yael to make her request before she finally speaks. “If we learn anything new about Kaos, we will be sure to share, though I will try not to knock on your door too often.” She offers them a playful grin and a slight chuckle, a slight joke to lighten an otherwise heavy topic. “Our Lady Moon has suggested we continue to use our minds to decipher what Kaos’s intentions might be.” She waits for any more conversation, but certainly, she’s kept them long enough if there’s nothing left to discuss.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Volterra
@Ampere

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Lyanna - 05-05-2017, 07:09 PM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Yael - 05-07-2017, 09:47 AM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Ampere - 05-08-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: DIPLOMACY, part ii - by Pippigrin - 05-08-2017, 02:37 PM