the Rift

[OPEN] Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
The parrot's squawks seem to be followed by a tumbling and grumbling of rocks, and Amaris pauses her strides in the darkening cavern to ensure the cave around her and Dramyrth isn't about to collapse in on itself. Once satisfied that the way ahead was safe (at least from immediate cave-in), the dragonmare continued onwards, tentatively at first, but her steps grew more confident as with each stride. She swallowed her concern for the others - surely the cost this parrot was asking did not involve taking one's life, but then recent interactions with odd magical creatures did give Amaris the glowing silver scars upon her chest.

By their soft, ambient light, she scoured the cavern, and came to what appeared to be the end of it. With a curious, confused expression hidden in the shadows, the dragonmare summons two blue spirits to aid with lighting the cave, and allowing her to see the gaps in the rocks, the way they are positioned - was this a part of the cave-in the parrot caused? An obstacle to disrupt her journey?

Golden eyes peered through the gaps, and one of her spirits melded through the stony wall to illuminate the other side. Paths, two of them, continued on, and though Dramyrth chirruped something about turning back and trying again, the dragonmare was content to push onwards, to dismantle the rocks and choose her way from there. So she began, testing, poking and prodding with her muzzle and the aid of Dramyrth's draconic strength, finding the more loosely stacked rocks and pushing or pulling them out of the way. It wasn't a fast process - the dragonmare had no desire to disturb the entire wall and cause another cave-in that engulfed herself or her companion - but soon enough a gap large enough for her to slip through appeared, and slip through it she did.

A fork in the road, another choice, but only two options this time. Something about the right path called to her, though no clues were given as to where it would leave. With a thought, she closed off her magic to the spirit dragons, and carried onwards through the darkness, her chest lighting her way.

Amaris chooses to clear the debris and then chooses the right path

Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop] - by Yael - 05-07-2017, 12:48 PM
RE: Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop] - by Yael - 05-10-2017, 02:06 PM
RE: Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop] - by Amaris - 05-16-2017, 07:36 AM
RE: Pitch of the Year [VOTG Chat Drop] - by Yael - 05-16-2017, 01:56 PM