the Rift

[PRIVATE] a muffled voice replies, "no one's home"

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

ЯIKYN

Leading Akumi and Ingrid into the jagged, split stone face of the Haruspex cave, I point at the slightly weathered and dusty dark blue, glass scorpion with onyx eyes at the threshold with my horn before we enter.  It’s only two feet or so in size, but has been here for some time, and I actually know where it’s from, and why its here.  These ladies are scholars, after all, and the insect had been made in their herd land.

"Dunno what the scorpion’s called," I tell them, "but it was made by the Glazier Kahlua, who later became Queen, and was gifted to the herd when I was a boy.  There’s supposed to be one in every herd…statue, that is.  I don’t know if they’re all scorpions."

Looking in and finding it devoid of the seer, I decide to carry on without him.  Glancing about eagerly as I move into the cave, the hauntingly simple mirror waits in the semidarkness.  Illuminated by the blue glow of the magical mushrooms native to the area and cultivated by the scholars of the mountain, I step before it, looking into its liquid surface for the first time, this close.

As a boy, I’d stood here, while my mother had witnessed each summoning, or sought advice, but I’d never been allowed near the mirror itself.  Near enough to touch it, a smirk slowly inches across my face, as I ask it whether or not its okay for the Edge-folk to take from it, or not.  I ponder touching its face only slightly with my horn, but instead pull away, watching its surface with wonder, as I call out to the expanse of Time.

"Hey, Time God, your sister sent these people here to get some water from your mirror," I tell it, wondering what to expect if the God does decide to reply, "the Haruspex doesn't seem to be home, or I’d have him ask… but I told them its fine by me, if its fine by you.  Unless you object in the next few minutes, they’ll probably go ahead and, you know, take it."

And so begins the awkward waiting for those few minutes.  Clearing my throat, I look back at Akumi, and Ingrid, while stepping aside, just in case something extra happens, or doesn't - they'll need to be able to get to the Mirror, after all.

"So, storytellers," I begin, a playful smiling toying around my lips, "got any stories while we wait?  Or do you need one of those from me, too?"

[ OOC: new thread as we've left the setting of the first; we'll come back to it when we're done here!  Akumi, Ingrid, and scholar tier only please. Tagging Spark also just in case he wants to judo chop faces ect ect  ]

call me a safe bet
I'm betting I'm not

Art by VeerDesigns@DA | Table by Me

@God of the Spark

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
a muffled voice replies, "no one's home" - by Rikyn - 05-08-2017, 12:30 PM