the Rift

[PRIVATE] a muffled voice replies, "no one's home"

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

ЯIKYN

Glad that they seem to be lightening up at least a bit, now that we’re away from the main gathering (and Raeden), I smile back, taking in Ingrid’s words with a tilted grin. Did she really think I was that much of an impetuous shit? Who’d talk to their God so nonchalantly as I just did if that God wasn’t okay with a bit of foul language and dry wit?

The other woman, Akumi, does not seem as keen to share as her counterpart, which I guess is okay. Gotta start somewhere, right? Even in storytelling, I guess; I had a natural knack at that, too, it would seem, meeting these two ladies, the sort of fellow to not mind weaving a slightly untruthful yarn or golden fable of a thread in order to appease my audience. This world thrived on half truths and exaggerations, myths and stories, true or not. What mattered, as far as I had been able to discern, was that what you talked about had a purpose, a moral, an even end, or one which might inspire yet another story, and then another.

She asks me a surprising question however, one that I don’t know the answer; how did I get here? Well… the easiest remark, that which doesn’t require a good amount of time to really think about it, is the true story of how it came to be – which also answers one of Ingrid’s passing inquiries.

"The Time God wrote it in the heavens, alongside this very threat: don’t fuck up," I answer, meeting her green eyes with my gold, "but I was also born here, in the Basin, and have done favors for the God, and aided in the destruction of the Rift Gods in the name of the Spark and his Divine siblings."

For all the good that did, what with Kaos running about now.

"He, the Time God, is not the sort to care for courteous phrasing or common tact; he cares for expedience, intelligence, and talent. Just don't shit in front of the Mirror or spit into it, and you'll probably be fine. Besides, I would like to hear about your old Gods, even if He doesn't," I answer, nodding with a smile, "while I’m sure the bird tale is great, it doesn’t contain as much, ah, punch as a story about an all powerful, magically blessed entity, you know? And certainly isn’t as pertinent to the struggle of both our realms, at this point in Helovia’s history."

call me a safe bet
I'm betting I'm not

Art by VeerDesigns@DA | Table by Me

@Akumi @Ingrid

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
RE: a muffled voice replies, "no one's home" - by Rikyn - 05-11-2017, 08:57 AM