the Rift

[OPEN] Twin Trees

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie
& I think to myself

Maude

The sound of hooves draws her eyes up from her plants, though her head remains low as it might, to look on who approaches. A smile grows on her lips no sooner than the familiar figure of her father appears behind the saplings, and, though she hadn’t intended on sitting up, she does now. The sun, reaching through the changing boughs overhead, kisses her creamy curls, and stains her with golden dapples, and as her father lowers himself to the earth alongside her pots, she extends are muzzle between them in greeting.

"Hello Sweet Pea, hello daddy," she grins, her citrine eyes sparkling with the happiness that seemed to pour from an eternal source within her, excitement tracing her next words, "I suppose! I’d hate to hurt them now that they’ve come so far."

The growing filly nods, and looks back at her precious saplings, so carefully tended for the duration of the spring and summer. They were now almost two feet high, and plenty hardy enough to make it on their own. Having a professional horticulturist like her father help only further ensured that all her toil over the last many months hadn’t been wasted.

"How do you think is best to protect them from passerby?" quips the filly, rising to her hooves after taking another moment to lay in the dim light with her sire; stretching her haunches upwards, before then lifting her shoulders to the sky, too, her eyes glimmer with the faintest fret as she looks back to her father, "I worry they’ll be trampled, they are so small…"

Muses the girl as she makes her way to where on the path she thinks they’ll thrive best, studiously digging at the earth there with a hoof.

"I think they’ll look handsome opposite each other here, for now," she decides on her own, having been struck with another question while she’d been thinking, faint worry lining her youthful face, "but do you think I should put better dirt in over them than what was here? I didn’t bring any."

what a wonderful world

Image by Stephan Mignon@Flickr - Code by Me

@Tilney
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
Twin Trees - by Maude - 05-10-2017, 09:12 AM
RE: Twin Trees - by Tilney - 05-10-2017, 10:27 AM
RE: Twin Trees - by Maude - 05-17-2017, 09:30 AM