[OPEN] Broken Mirror

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
[Image: kiirha1_by_littlewillow_art-d9sng8h_zpszhllmi1m.png]

Ki'irha

You taught me the courage of stars before you left,
How light carries on endlessly even after death.

"Ki'irha?"

The word slipped through the silence, sweet and easy, even after all of this time. It fell lightly upon her ears as they twisted to receive it, and she savored it for a moment, letting it settle. Whether a name, a greeting, or a curse, she couldn't tell. But it just seemed so familiar. In the seconds it took her to mull the word, she nearly overlooked that another being had entered the scene.

She turned slowly, her heart fluttering within the cage of her ribs. She felt heavy, as if the turning of her sculpted face, the twisting of her body, the drop of each shifting hoof, each twitch of her muscles took hours. Her eyes caught glimpse of a mirage, barely there, that quickly turned to flesh and bone. The brute who approached was a massive being, sculpted from a boulder of star-less night, each detail from the curve of his jaw to the arch of his tail pristine. Was this the entity that was to deliver her final judgement? The way he moved showed purpose and strength, like a proud king, crowned with a sword which had undoubtedly delivered quick and precise judgement. If she were wrong, if this unicorn had never once spilled blood, then he must be more merciful than any god, because no creature built like a predator could possibly act like prey. 

The voice and the body that created it stirred something deep inside of her. It came to her, then, something she had never experienced. A shard, a scrap, a single thread pulled from a forgotten tapestry. Her velvet nostrils filled with the scent of a foreign sea, of salt and sand, the cry of gulls above. The swell of a tide, the melodic thrum of waves and hooves beating upon a distant shore. For but a moment, the unmistakable rush and exhilaration of battle perforated the monotony of being a stranger in her own life. Had it been a dream, or something more?

As soon as it happened it was gone again, and she stood weakly upon the mirror, nearly short of breath, as she stared at the approaching stallion. She felt as though she were spinning, trying to piece together what was happening. She felt overwhelmed, despite the fact that nearly nothing had happened in the few short moments since the stranger had appeared. She tried to remember what he had called out into the void. Several syllables, a strange inflection, too much to remember upon the first time hearing it. It was the first time, wasn't it?

"What?" she breathed, looking at the brute, her brows furrowing slightly. She stepped carefully towards him, attempting to leave him a polite amount of space, but wanting to close the swollen gap between them. He had filled her world with questions, ripping open the place where she had buried them so many moons ago. 

She attempted to relax, leaning back, allowing her leonine tail to curl loosely around a rear hoof. 'Be polite,' she thought to herself. 'Standing in silence makes you look daft. Besides, if you're trespassing, it would help to appear friendly.' She forced a smile to her lips, hoping it appeared natural.  "I-I'm sorry,"she stammered, unsure how to begin. "I didn't catch that. If you need me to leave, I'll happily do so. I wasn't sure if this land belonged to anybody." Close enough. "Honestly," she began again, this time her voice steadier and more confident, "This whole place is like a mirage. I got a little turned around, and I can't seem to move on."

She allowed the silence to fall again. She, the prisoner, standing meekly before the gatekeeper, hoping her would allow her passage, and unlock the door so she could finally begin moving forward.

Image Credits
Original Coding by Tamme

@Erebos
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-12-2017, 12:10 AM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 05-12-2017, 06:45 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-13-2017, 10:19 AM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 05-13-2017, 05:12 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-14-2017, 02:39 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 05-20-2017, 06:33 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-23-2017, 08:15 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 05-27-2017, 06:26 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-29-2017, 07:40 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 06-03-2017, 07:22 PM