[OPEN] Broken Mirror

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
[Image: kiirha1_by_littlewillow_art-d9sng8h_zpszhllmi1m.png]

Ki'irha

You taught me the courage of stars before you left,
How light carries on endlessly even after death.

His tone changed, losing what little warmth had previously existed. The sudden flat affect made his disappointment palpable, and she let her mind race, trying to remember him, find any memory tucked away to alleviate the disrespect she had somehow caused. She shifted uncomfortably beneath his steely gaze, averting her own eyes away. “Again, I am sorry,” she said, shaking her head ever so slightly. Several white waves fell neatly to cover her brow, soft curls nearly obscuring the worse of the break in her horn. She looked back at him finally. How could she forget such a face? She had made many brief acquaintances over the course of her journey, none of which she remembered specifically. This buck did look familiar, but it was more a case of deja vu than of recognition. How was she supposed to know, anyways? She didn’t remember anything from her previous life. This stallion could have been anyone. She pushed the thought away. She had been trying to avoid the amnesia, and now was not the time she was going to finally come to terms with it. “I’ve met many on my travels, so please excuse my forgetfulness. Don’t take it to heart.” She let a small smile settle on the corners of her lips, trying her best to be reassuring.

’Where are you trying to go?’

What a loaded question. She wasn’t sure where she was heading. Did she really even have a destination? She had no plans for the future. Maybe she was destined to live the life of an outcast, traversing across the sweeping hills and valleys of this land. No ties to bind her, no roots to hold her down. “Nowhere, I suppose.” She shrugged, words nonchalant. “I guess I’m no more than a wanderer, a rogue. I don’t belong anywhere. I’ve only been in Helovia for several seasons, and have spent the entirety of my time as a vagabond. I haven’t quite found a place to call home yet.” Yet. Did she even really want a place to call home? She had been on her own for so long, she couldn’t imagine ever settling down, at least not in the near future.

“How about you, stranger? Where do you call home? Or are you a wanderer, as well? Oh!” The last word was gasped in mild surprise. “Excuse me, as I get ahead of myself.” She gave a light awkward laugh. “Pardon my manners, it’s been too long since I’ve spoken to anyone beyond brief greetings and pleasantries. What do you call yourself?”

She knew the answers. Deep down, beneath each layer and neuron and cell of her being, she knew his name was Erebos, proud prince of the Aurora Basin, sprung from the loins of the Reaper, battle hardened, heading quickly towards becoming a formidable war king. And the Basin, dug into the bitter frozen landscape by the heel of the time god, a shelter away from eternal winter, filled with haunts and hope and the star girl’s family. If you had asked the young corporal so many ages ago if she would ever leave the frozen north, she would have stomped a hoof, snorted in laughter, and proclaimed her undying loyalties. She had been a warrior, a creature with electricity in her veins and storms in her eyes. She had been wild and unmanageable, smoldering, a fiery spirit with a warm smile. Her mane whipped behind her like a banner as she crossed the permafrost, weaving effortlessly through the pines, skittering across the icy finish of the lake, scaling the jutting and uneven sloping crags, cresting the precipices and frozen peaks of the mountains. She was a guardian, a living breathing sentinel to watch over the Basin, ready and willing to kill or be killed for the good of the herd. She was happy to be loved, but was content living in the backdrop, a starlit ghost, doing her part to ensure the safety of the valley never faltered, despite what may arrive upon their doorway.

Yet, here she stood before the very stallion who needed to fill her post when she vanished from the world entirely. Had any trouble fallen upon her old home in her absence? Was there any blood that belonged on her conscious?  She may never know. It would take pressure to say it, to admit it, but there was fear constantly lurking in every dark corner of her being. How else were she supposed to feel, knowing there must have been a life before waking up on a river bank with nothing but blackness filling your memories?

Image Credits
Original Coding by Tamme

@Erebos
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-12-2017, 12:10 AM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 05-12-2017, 06:45 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-13-2017, 10:19 AM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 05-13-2017, 05:12 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-14-2017, 02:39 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 05-20-2017, 06:33 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-23-2017, 08:15 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 05-27-2017, 06:26 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-29-2017, 07:40 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 06-03-2017, 07:22 PM