[OPEN] Broken Mirror

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
[Image: kiirha1_by_littlewillow_art-d9sng8h_zpszhllmi1m.png]

Ki'irha

You taught me the courage of stars before you left,
How light carries on endlessly even after death.

The sun had almost completely died out, the day leaving it's last traces in soft blues and pale pastels across the horizon. Above them as well as below, reflected in the surface of the pools around them, was a canvas of blackened blue, it's pristine surface scarred only by the awakening flecks of starlight. They seemed to belong here, the pair of them, nearly identical to the sharp cold midnight blue that covered the world. They were two pieces of something so much bigger. Pieces cut and carved from something cold and beautiful. She looked away from him, taking in the glorious new night, standing silent for a moment.

He said her name with conviction and certainty, and she took it in. Ki'irha. Ki'irha, from the Aurora Basin. She looked back to him then, holding herself with the smallest bit of pride she could muster, but the difference in her stance could be seen with a keen eye. "Ki'irha, once a proud warrior, and now an invalid wandering around with no purpose." She let out a soft laugh, marking the morose comment as a joke, though it was true nonetheless. "I suppose that means I was once strong, so I apologize for the weakness I have shown to you. But the answers you have provided have shed enough light to illuminate the shadows of what I have lost."

Again she cast her gaze away, uncomfortable and vulnerable. "I also apologize for abandoning my post. I pray no harm fell as a result of my absence. I don't know much, but I can promise that what I do know of myself, I never would abandon such an important task knowingly."

Now it was time for her to decide how to take on the world. He had answered some of her most important questions, but in the process had created so many more. She considered asking to follow him back to the Basin, start looking for answers right at the source. But would the cold north act as a prison? Would it capture her within a mountainous hole, leaving her to fester in her guilt and heartbreak?

"The night is beautiful. No matter where I've been during this adventure, I have always felt at home underneath the night sky." She looked to him, feeling the white waves of her mane flutter softly against her neck, as a cool breeze moved by. It was freeing to know that she could simply turn and run with wind, see where it took her, know the freedom that comes with running across sloping valleys, feeling the long grasses caress her as she crossed over wide plains, wind through the forests full of ancient trees. It was then the girl made her decision.

"The night is young, and there is so much more for me to do before I allow myself to consider returning back to the Aurora Basin."
It made her sad, but she allowed herself to smile again, though the expression was subtle. "I was hoping you could at least lead me out of here to where the world will look normal again. Then we can go our separate ways."

This would be the motivation she needed. The girl would find her answers, glue her pieces back together, and return to her home. It warmed her heart knowing that she wasn't alone. Not anymore.

"Erebos, one more thing, as if I haven't asked enough questions." Here she was going again, with the emotional inquisitions. "Should my journey lead me back to the Aurora Basin, will I be welcome? Will I still be allowed to call it home?"

With that loaded question, again she allowed the silence to fall. Though the stallion certainly seemed a man of few words, his words held weight, and that weight would be enough to keep her grounded. They would enough to hopefully give her purpose, and enough to keep her path true.

His words would be enough to bring her home.

Image Credits
Original Coding by Tamme

@Erebos
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-12-2017, 12:10 AM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 05-12-2017, 06:45 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-13-2017, 10:19 AM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 05-13-2017, 05:12 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-14-2017, 02:39 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 05-20-2017, 06:33 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-23-2017, 08:15 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 05-27-2017, 06:26 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Ki'irha - 05-29-2017, 07:40 PM
RE: Broken Mirror - by Erebos - 06-03-2017, 07:22 PM