the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
Naerys and Petyr

To say that she noticed the slightly younger stallion right away would be a lie. Naerys was so consumed in her own thoughts, so focused on trying to forget her pirate that she didn't realize that she wasn't actually alone on the beach. Petyr, with his keen and observant eyes, would have pointed out the stallion immediately but he wasn't with her - he was resting instead, sleeping for the both of them back in the safety of the Edge. Despite her lack of sleep, however, she isn't caught up in any sort of mental fog; she is alert, just... distracted. And maybe, just maybe, that distraction would be the end of her this time. There is nothing quick or lighthearted about her movements, instead her head is held low and her normally bright eyes stare blankly at the sand. Naerys lightly drags her hooves through the fine, soft granules with each step; subconsciously exaggerating her melancholic state.

Normally as keen and observant as her bonded, the young spy is anything but herself in this particular moment. In fact, the steadily brightening sky manages to escape her notice just as easily as the stallion not so far away. Naerys didn't realize just how close to him she was before his voice snaps her back to reality. Instantaneously the girl stops in her tracks, raises her head with her ears alert and forward. How did he manage to escape her notice so easily? Yet, despite being startled, the girl doesn't jump - she merely perks up. A simple gesture that would likely be perceived as showing interest in having company; which she is, of course, but first and foremost she's startled by his sudden appearance. Now that she is aware of his presence, though, her teal gaze doesn't miss much. There is something so subtle and elegant about the way her bright eyes quickly assess and caress his sturdy masculine frame - finding very little that simply didn't appeal. He is strong and capable - the curves of his muscles evident beneath his light coat - but there is also a profound gentleness in his approach. A familiar tenderness that she simply couldn't quite place just yet. "Indeed." she admits in a soft, almost breathy tone. "Although... the sun will be rising just over there." she adds, gesturing lightly to the east - her small teasing comment is meant for little more than a bit of flirty fun. Naerys can't (or maybe won't) fight the small smile that threatens to curl her lips and her own comment garners a soft, feminine chuckle.

And just like that, the weight of her worries is shoved aside and forgotten. The pirate is momentarily a simple shadow of her past. Though perhaps the most surprising is how easily she began to flirt again - regardless of how awkward her 'skills' might be. "Astarot." she repeats, mulling his name around for a moment before nodding gently. "I'm Naerys. The pleasure is all mine, I'm sure." Her warm voice and sweet tones easily betray just how pleased she is that he is here with her. Perhaps it would be better if she weren't so forward (and she certainly wouldn't blame him if he ran for the hills) but the Gods know she isn't simply acting like a giddy, hormonal teenager... she kind of is one. Caenan's sudden disappearance certainly hasn't helped her stability or lack thereof but perhaps his timing was intentional.

Please Gods, don't let her make a complete fool of herself.
won't admit what i already know
i've never been the best at letting go
Coding by Tamme; Image by Sarah

@Astarot
Since this one wasn't archived, we can just continue this one. :D
Hope that's alright with you! Also, I'm sorry Nae is so awkward. She actually had another line to throw in but I told her to shut up and wait for the next post or she just might scare him off. XD

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea - by Naerys - 06-25-2017, 11:52 PM