the Rift

Fallen from high places [open]

Aurelius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
“Why of course, could it be any more obvious?” His voice dripped with irony, but the small steed no longer cared if she heard, nor did he care for any petty insults she might get creative with. He owed her nothing, least of all his time. Why should he even believe her? The whole point of keeping up a conversation with her was hard to find, but apparently, she was not taking the hint that his chill attitude was a polite way of telling her to get lost. Instead, he watched her with mismatched eyes as she got herself heated up, expressionless as ever. It was hard for him to feel anything these days; the once cheerful display of emotions had turned into a scowling, indecipherable façade. She is pathetic. It is not a sudden conclusion that he came to, he had known from the moment she opened her mouth.

“I owe you nothing, least of all an explanation. I do not care for your schemes, nor do I care to waste the breath,” he put simply, a dwarven statue as he stood there, like he had been carved out from the rocks of the lands that had once been his. His whole life had taught him to be tough, to turn the other cheek, and no matter how much she acted out, he couldn’t care. Turning his eyes back to the cliffs of the Edge, he stood in silence and let his gaze slide out over the ocean. Silently, he wished that she would leave this moment to him, that she would at least show him the respect of leaving him alone when he had made clear that he did not care for her company. But he was certain she wouldn’t. This mare was of the kind that does anything to spite you, to get some kind of reaction out of it. Aurelius felt it stirring under the surface, but this was not the time or place to unleash the ugly creature that had laid siege on his heart. He refused to give her the pleasure.

[I'm late too, but have been struggling with the muse for my little guy. Apologies.]
Credits

Messages In This Thread
Fallen from high places [open] - by Aurelius - 11-01-2012, 04:52 PM
RE: Fallen from high places [open] - by Mandrake - 11-01-2012, 05:11 PM
RE: Fallen from high places [open] - by Aurelius - 11-10-2012, 03:54 PM
RE: Fallen from high places [open] - by Mandrake - 11-15-2012, 05:42 PM
RE: Fallen from high places [open] - by Aurelius - 11-30-2012, 05:22 PM