the Rift

[OPEN] brown leaves, grey skies [welcoming]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
the GoldenShade
The trek from the Threshold to the Edge was one that took a lot longer by hoof than it did by wing. If I had been able to fly I would have made it home in a couple of hours, but I was being weighed down by a foal who didn't have any wings. But even if he did have wings and was able to fly he was far too weak and tired to make it far. So I guided him through the Threshold and into the Hidden Falls. "A herd used to call this place home." I said, glancing down at the child. "The God of the Earth watched over this land. A lot of horses call him Father Earth, and I suppose it's fitting." I had no idea if Geronimo could even comprehend what I was saying, but I kept talking anyway. "I know a place that we can rest for the night. We'll continue in the morning."

The sun had just dipped below the horizon when we finally reached the thickett. "Lay down and rest." I murmured, gently nudging Geronimo so he would lay down. "Mara will rest with you." She was far too willing to drape her fluffy feline body over the colt and within a few minutes she was fast asleep, snoring softly. I spent the night standing guard over the child and my companion, and I have to admit; it felt strange to be on guard in a place that used to be my home.

When morning came I roused Geronimo and Mara so we could continue our journey. I was eager to be back in the Edge and was hopeful that if we pushed we could make it before nightfall. "Come on, we're almost home." I said, my tone encouraging even though I knew we still had several hours of travel ahead of us. I ushered the child from the thickett and we were on our way again. This time, since he was well rested, I set our pace quite a bit faster, only slowing when Geronimo needed to rest.

It was late afternoon by the time we reached the edge, the sun was already making its descent toward the horizon and the mist was already swirling around the tree trunks. "We're home." I breathed, smiling down at the colt. "Mara, will you find Drago?" I asked, and seconds later she was running through the mist, dark shadows enveloping her form as she changed back into her canine form.

"."
Mara's Form

@Geronimo
@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
brown leaves, grey skies [welcoming] - by Ranjiri - 05-16-2017, 05:48 PM