the Rift

[OPEN] brown leaves, grey skies [welcoming]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
the GoldenShade
It didn't take Mara long to find Dragomir and lead him back to where I stood waiting with the colt -- I'd decided to call him Geronimo. As the mists parted to reveal Drago I couldn't help but to smile and step toward him, but I stopped short when the child shouted and I turned to face him. I stood, slack-jawed, when wings seemed to sprout from his body. I barely even felt Dragomir's embrace or heard his question. I was shocked, which was quite obvious. Part of me couldn't help but think that our trip would have been much shorter if I had known he'd had wings and we could have flown. The more reasonable part of me knew that even if I had known I wouldn't have insisted on flying -- not with the state he was in. It was already apparent that he was exhausted.

"I found him abandoned in the Threshold." I finally answered, my head turning toward Dragomir. "I couldn't leave him there." Mara came trotting back through the mist, and her movement captured my attention. I watched her as she bypassed me and Dragomir and headed straight for Geronimo. Shadows ungulfed her body as she lept from the ground and onto Geronimo's back, where she sat and stared at me and Drago. "The only word he seems to know is Geronimo. I'm not sure if it's his name .... or if it means something else, but ---"

"Hello."

I cut myself off and turned to look at the mare who had just walked up. I recognized her. but I couldn't place her at first. It wasn't until she introduced herself that I remembered her being one of the mares that had greeted my small family when we'd first arrived in the Edge. She had seemed nice and I held no ill will toward her. "Yes, hello Lyanna." I smiled, then looked to the child. Mara had gone from sitting to laying and was intently grooming the colt's short mane. "He was abandoned in the Threshold." I told her, just as I had told Dragomir. "I took him here so I could care for him. Frostfall is coming soon and I don't think he'd make it on his own."

"."
Mara's Form

@Geronimo
@Dragomir
@Lyanna

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
brown leaves, grey skies [welcoming] - by Ranjiri - 05-16-2017, 05:48 PM
RE: brown leaves, grey skies [welcoming] - by Ranjiri - 05-25-2017, 05:00 PM