the Rift

courage, dear heart

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
tilney
"It's only the entrance?"
Her bewildered murmur, as fresh and dainty as a blossom, caused his lips to turn upwards in a wide smile. The innocence in those words reminded him of Maude, and ever so slightly his eyelashes had fluttered at the thought that one so small as sweet as her could ever bloom to be as bold and beautiful as the woman who stood but a few yards behind him.
"Yes, I suppose it is" the doctor would confirm, turning upon his socks so he might take a perpendicular stance to the curly-haired doe. "The only way in or out I do believe". Apart from the seas it was surrounded by, the seas that had once swallowed him whole.

The nightmare's apology was frosty, the kind that could be snapped like iron, though, an apology none the less and perhaps one Tilney was not interested in hearing. He did not wait to be mollycoddled when a vicious word (or, in this case, a thought) was sent his way, instead the man could completely understand why she remained on the defense.
"Of course," He came to utter next, shaking his lofty mane "Why should you trust me? Here you are, under a red dawn with no defences. Were I a menace or a ruffian, you'd need that foul introduction" The ginger spoke this with his wide and teasing smile, quite enjoying having the upper hand in the conversation (or so it might seem). "There are all manner of scoundrels and beasts in here. You are wise to withhold your trust from me" he spoke in a slightly more serious tone, though his smile, as if from a work of art, remained.

A heavy sigh was soon to fall from his dark lips, a velvet nose turning once again towards the sky. "...a red dawn" he repeated mystically, eyes narrowing upon the colourful clouds. The flaxen's mind lingered to Kaos, the marshes, and all that had happened throughout the country since. An omen? Had blood been spilt tonight?
As his eyes withdrew from the sky, the sire felt a coolness in the breeze that could only spook him further. His mind having already wandered so far, paranoia wriggled in, the brute turned once more to look upon the mare.
"It is not safe here, and more so than usual-" the man stopped, listening to the howl of the wind as his eyes craned over the area before he continued "We must hurry".

☀︎
@Elaphaea
by alimarije!

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Messages In This Thread
courage, dear heart - by elaphaea - 05-18-2017, 12:24 PM
RE: courage, dear heart - by elaphaea - 05-22-2017, 07:30 AM
RE: courage, dear heart - by Tilney - 05-22-2017, 08:47 AM