the Rift

[EDGE] you with all of your mistakes

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Always, there seemed to be something going on in the Threshold. Always, chaos reigned, pandemonium roiled and toiled, disorder and anarchy fell upon the borders of the lands called Helovia. The dragonmare had travelled beyond the borders numerous times, she had witnessed the world beyond, she knew that the world out there had the potential to be as cruel and deadly as the world in here. What was the difference then? What made her stay on in this realm of gods and monsters and priests and everything else?

Love, Dramyrth supplied softly, simply, as images of her beloved cousin, her friends, her family rose up within her mind's eye. Yes, Amaris concurred, it was love that anchored her here, forevermore.

And so she wandered the Threshold, her scouting senses alive, though what specifically for, she did not know. Another to welcome into this idea of family she had created within her heart? Another to guide safely home? Another to guard from the dangers that sometimes plagued the lands, from creatures who feasted on flesh and blood and meat?

I'm one of those creatures, came the wry tones of her beloved in her cranium once more, though they were tinged with sarcasm and jest, Amaris could not help the thought that rebounded from her own mind in response: I am too. For the dragonmare was part dragon after all, she had dined upon the blood of another before, though refrained from doing so as long as she could, repulsed by it when not filled with the bloodlust that drove her to ignore her equine half.

The dragonmare continued wandering, her thoughts curiously silent now, as she looked with her discerning gaze between the trees, through the bushes, around rocks and other such landmarks. It wasn't until a cry of alarm went up, as it so often seemed to do, that her ears raised from their caramel depths amongst her mane and pricked, her sharp, golden gaze scrutinising, her nostrils flared.

But it wasn't a predator she smelt or heard, but a cry of despair, of loss, a summons to a loved one lost by distance and time; Amaris' heart lurched within her chest as she heard it, for it was a cry she herself knew all too well as she ventured across unknown lands and into unknown territories. The dragonmare moved to approach, swiftly but also as silently as her lithe, athletic body could. Dramyrth flew high, above the canopy, a speck of gold against the sky above, a sentinel, a guardian from afar who would intervene if he felt his fiery or frosty breath would sway the tide in his beloved's favour.

"Are you alright?" came the question as the dragonmare finally entered the scene, eyes blinking as her bulk paused its motions. She assessed the locale with a swift glance, tilting her ears to ensure no others of darker intentions were near (though she could hardly stop others like herself from approaching, she could at least make a stance against any predators who would love nothing more than to discover a prone pegasus lady upon the floor, ready for feasting). The pale dove with wings upon her feet was standing however, albeit shakily, hidden beneath the protective shield of her companion's larger, more useable wings.

"I heard a shout of alarm," the dragonmare supplied as she swiftly discerned that there was no immediate danger, looking to each of the mares with quiet observation, folding her own leathery wings down to her side in an attempt to dispel any lingering tension. "One never knows what might happen upon the borders of Helovia, so I came to investigate, and offer my aid, if it's needed."

@Tsurei @Akita
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
you with all of your mistakes - by Tsurei - 05-20-2017, 11:30 AM
RE: you with all of your mistakes - by Akita - 05-20-2017, 06:29 PM
RE: you with all of your mistakes - by Amaris - 05-20-2017, 09:08 PM