the Rift

[OPEN] Our souls turn into a boat of dreams [VOTG pass]

Nora Posts: 52
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 3
Angel

Though I’ve pleaded, begged for his guidance...Noah's foreign advice becomes gnarled like kudzu vine. The vast (useful) majority is caught in a stampede of distress and horror. What DOES breach my ignorance...a name...my name on the wind. His words rebound in my skull, searching for translation -- watchful, but unnerved -- my stricken, flight/fight gut is becoming a danger to logic itself. Just then...I see him gesture...downward? Yes, that inner voice snarls, down! Those racing, unreasonable fears accelerate; hissing like the devil. But DOWN seems the opposite of my struggle. Another blast of hot air sends me into a breathless, sideways lurch...it highlights the transparency of my vulnerability. I'm in no position to deny his wisdom in favor of MY self-reliance.

Confusion is mercilessness, it poisons my convection...but Noah becomes the light that guides me. He dives from my side...dropping like a fallen star, headed straight for those blue capillaries. Mini me grinds her teeth. With bumbling, trembling effort – these feathers inch close, attempting to (pitifully) mimic his arrow-like framework. Unorganized drafts continue to rake, distort; the current is growling, threatening.

Painted legs branch from their coiled safety within my undercarriage. The flux becomes fierce and no matter my corrections...all answers are wrong...stop it, the tiny voice begs, stop throwing me from side to side! Groaning pectoral muscles are screaming their defiance! With all the grace of tossed dirt wad, I narrowly line up to the obsidian peninsula. Ears are meshed within tangles and knots. 'Careful!' A shrill bleat of panic rises from my entanglement! Irises flick upward, catching a glimpse of someone (who isn't Noah) on the landing strip!

My singular goals have already become dedicated; back-paddling, slowing with a hardwired yearn to disembark. I push these aching shoulders downward, trying to roll my arms forward and pull up...return into the sky! But that change of heart comes too late. The foul ground looms, unavoidable. Spurred out of desperation (and the fear of tumbling into a somersault) -- I alight upon the walkway, cantering and tearing onward. Wait! Molars grind, these hind-feet tuck; wings arch upwards as the majority of my bulk is swung in reverse. The road stings into my rump, leaving scratches.  Forelegs become lead anchors, rooting me into a near sit. Naïve panic is given a sharp and narrow life, "quand êtes-vous arrivé là-bas?!" Eyes and jaws unhinged and bulge; trapped in the wake of their stupor. He…my subconscious stutters, he’s MASSIVE, she is utterly lost with captivation. My trembling body felt like a wisp; a pebble in comparison to the grandeur of his boulder-like girth...

Hindquarters backtrack, shuffling until the pressure of his (sudden) proximity is alleviated. But they couldn't retreat far... all around (much nearer than preferred) the supernatural magma sputters and hiccups, those sweltering veins become dull alarms in the back of my mind. Though, not even their distracted glamor could deter me from the one who consumes our breathable space – who demands my attention by simply being in existence. “N-noah,” these jaws mime silently, with all the muted pleading they can muster. Creaking would be noises are unwilling to rise above a meek, trembling whimper, “w-who?” I yearn to look away, find the eagle and guardsman; but my trembling distrust refuses to gamble, it wouldn’t dare change course or alter the steadfast, gawking position.

OC:
[Earth x Light | The ability to move objects with her mind.]
[Restrictions | Objects must weigh less than 15lbs and cannot be thrown.]

[Hover over text for a translation!]

@Noah

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our souls turn into a boat of dreams [VOTG pass] - by Nora - 05-31-2017, 08:33 PM