the Rift

[PRIVATE] Comfort & Joy

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
RANDOM EVENT
Pressing her lips together, the sphinx decided to answer the child's query first, finding it the most amusing.

"My name means a riddle in a language that is very dusty and that no one really cares about anymore, except those wanting to appear clever." Long feline teeth emerged as the sphinx grinned widely. "And there is no need to bow. While I am a queen I am not your queen. Though I do appreciate the sentiment."

Turning her black-lined gaze towards Alysanne, the sphinx smiled thoughtfully for a moment, her leonine tail curling delicately around her body. "I called you because I have something for you. However, as my name and species might imply, I am not in the business of something giving things away. I am bound by the laws of my kind, and in order to grant a boon, you must correctly answer a riddle. If you leave now ... unfortunately I would have to kill you." The sphinx smiled a trifle sadly, her leonine shoulders shrugging to indicate that this simply could not be helped. "But don't worry. The riddle I'll offer is sufficiently simple. This is all ... how to phrase it ... just bureaucracy." Again the sphinx smiled sweetly, lowering her gaze to the filly before returning to look at Alysanne.

"I hope a fellow queen will understand."

Of course being told that Aly had no choice but to comply with the sphinx's challenge likely would not be met with open arms, but there was nothing the sphinx could do about that. And of course what she had to offer Aly was very valuable and she hadn't been lying when she had said her riddle would be sufficiently easy. But custom did dictate that she had to be honest about what was to come, and penalty of death was not an impossibility, should Aly and her daughter choose to run.

Messages In This Thread
Comfort & Joy - by Random Event - 05-26-2017, 10:14 AM
RE: Comfort & Joy - by Alysanne - 05-30-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: Comfort & Joy - by Zoeya - 05-31-2017, 03:35 AM
RE: Comfort & Joy - by Random Event - 05-31-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: Comfort & Joy - by Alysanne - 06-01-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Comfort & Joy - by Zoeya - 06-05-2017, 09:19 PM
RE: Comfort & Joy - by Random Event - 06-06-2017, 11:48 AM
RE: Comfort & Joy - by Alysanne - 06-11-2017, 01:30 PM
RE: Comfort & Joy - by Zoeya - 06-11-2017, 09:19 PM