the Rift

The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
“Hello,” Wessex says in greeting, neither eager nor dour in her speech. The horned, mottled mare has accidentally come up behind the paint (for she was almost completely hidden among the tall, browning grass of the meadow) and rather than startle her or come off as violent, Wessex’s voice rumbles towards her from afar. A chilly, winter’s wind under a brilliant sun heralds the advent of what is sure to be a particularly bad season, causing the northern warrior to steel her spine against the intrusion. Yuck. And why is she here, again? To collect unsuspecting wanderers and throw them into an ice-wrapped kingdom for the like, the worst part of the year? Yeah, that’s a great way to make friends, Basin. Just great.

Muscular and large, the Corporal ambles another couple of steps towards the prone mare, stopping a good length or two away before tilting a spiked head in curiosity. “Are you alright?” she inquires, rather sure that the answer is yes, but it would be best to ask anyway. Professional ass-kicker though she may be, her code of violence does not extend to strangers who find themselves lost in Helovia’s woods - not when she, too, once found herself homeless here.

“I’m Wessex,” she offers - partially because in her mostly logical brain, she knows that those who give their name aren’t likely to attack - unless it’s for some silly, fable-like story that centers around legacy and revenge. And even then, that’s a terribly masculine way to do things, shouting ‘remember my name!’ and whatnot. Ah, but back to the subject. She waits for an answer, hind-leg cocked in an easy, relaxed position.

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Vahana
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box - by Vahana - 05-31-2017, 09:37 PM
RE: The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box - by Wessex - 06-01-2017, 08:18 AM