the Rift

The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box

Vahana Posts: 7
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3
Yoko
Helovia. So that was the name of this place. It didn’t ring a bell, but that was for the better. Something about it sparked her interest. Upon hearing its name, she suddenly found herself with the urge to learn more about this mysterious, magical  land of Helovia. After all, if a captivating creature such as Wessex made her home here, she wondered what other beings she might encounter. Where Vahana came from, a unicorn had only a single horn protruding from his skull. But six? And more scattered about the body? That was unheard of. “From what I have seen so far, although it is not much, Helovia is very beautiful. And you are quite intriguing too, if I do say so myself.”

As she was admiring Wessex’s unique attributes, she noticed the mare’s golden gaze watching the trail of scarlet oozing down her feathered foreleg. Wessex was probably wondering how that happened. The story behind her cut, from what she knew, was rather embarrassing, to say in the least. Better to be honest about it. “Oh, this?” She gestured toward the wound with a chuckle, without breaking eye contact, “It’s nothing to worry about. I just had a little...mishap.” She shifted her weight slightly so that a larger portion of it was placed on her bleeding leg, as if to demonstrate that it was still as capable of carrying her as any of the other three.

"Where did you come from?" The words rung in her ears.

That was a good and difficult question indeed. What should she say- she didn't want to give too much detail. It sounded dramatic, but her upbringing was complicated. Vahana was always challenged by the question of her past, because it did hurt some, but also because there were still missing pieces. She had been away from "home" long enough that it took a fair amount of thought on her part to recall specific names or places. Where she came from did not define her. What if Wessex knew of it? What if she knew the name of Vahana's wicked uncle. It was unlikely, but nevertheless, Vahana considered the possibility. It was a small world after all. She decided that she was most comfortable refraining from going into too much detail. That would be a story for later.

"I come from a land far away from here - hardly a speck on the map. You probably wouldn't be familiar the name." She explained, "I ran away, and I've been traveling on my own ever since."

@Wessex

Messages In This Thread
The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box - by Vahana - 05-31-2017, 09:37 PM
RE: The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box - by Vahana - 06-04-2017, 05:52 PM