the Rift

The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
There’s one thing the newcomer is right about: the number of strange creatures who walk Helovia alongside Wessex. She knows her own reasons for looking this way, and none of them come from her mother or sire - but there are horses with gills, unicorns with fascinating armor, dragon-mares, and women who seem to have walked straight from the ocean, or men who remain fluttering in the sky at all times. They have every color under the sun, every wing type and horn type imaginable, and Wessex somehow fits into all that.

She chuckles at the side-compliment, taking intriguing in a positive way, for unless she meets other war machines, the former Corporal knows exactly the kind of mixed hesitation and curiosity that comes with first impressions. “Believe it or not, there are others here who have equally intriguing features - and all of them are different.” Trying to make her gaze as neutral as possible, Wessex remains silent as the pink-horned mare offers an answer to a question that was not asked. The Haruspex isn’t the fussy type, like some Doctors, and as long as blood loss isn’t putting Vahana on the ground, she’s content to let mysteries be mysteries. Really. Everyone has their secrets, and that’s perfectly acceptable.

Including about their homeland. The mare seems to fumble with an answer, and rather than pry more, she offers another slow quirk of a smile, saying simply, “Whatever happened, the past doesn’t seem to matter much here. So no need to fear old ghosts.” She looks around at the browning trees of the Threshold as they drop their leaves and it seems like there is much to do before winter hits. “I’m not a great tour guide, chatting isn’t my thing, but I can show you more of Helovia if you want. I’m headed home from a patrol…” heavy shoulders shrug up and down. Patrols technically aren’t her responsibility any more, but she enjoys the solitude and well, habits are hard to break.

Besides, it wasn’t like anyone is going to come to her seeking wisdom or answers or anything like that. At least, she doesn’t think they will...  

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Vahana
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box - by Vahana - 05-31-2017, 09:37 PM
RE: The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box - by Wessex - 06-06-2017, 09:43 AM