the Rift

The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box

Vahana Posts: 7
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3
Yoko
Vahana pondered Wessex's offer. There was no harm in it, after all. Maybe she'd even find something to treat her wounds with. The scrapes on her legs were beginning to sting now as if she were entrapped in a beehive. A slow, aching pain crept up her body, a ginormous bruise wrapping itself around her sides, begging her to acknowledge its presence. It wasn't that bad, she wasn't in critical condition or anything and certainly not the worst she'd felt, but the aching pain was there and it demanded to be felt. She shifted her weight again in an attempt to alleviate some of the discomfort. When she spoke, her voice revealed little of what she felt, maintaining its naturally melodious tone. From childbirth she had learned to control it. She commented in good humor, "I must admit, I'd forgotten what it's like to have someone to talk to besides myself."

Having been away from civilization for so long, the mare had grown lonely in her travels, and indeed, she talked to herself more than she'd like to admit. Out loud. With emphasis on a lot. It was sort of embarrassing. She hoped she wasn't the only one to resort to such measures in her loneliness. In her travels, she had become friends with herself. And it was not necessarily such a bad thing.

Yet she wanted to see more of this land. The newcomer wanted to meet more of its inhabitants, if they were as Wessex described. Her imagination ran wild with all of the different features she might discover a being to possess. There must be something that Helovia had to offer an enervated wanderer such as herself. Vahana considered her options. She could go with Wessex, and she could learn more about Helovia. Perhaps she could even come to call it home. The only alternative that presented itself was to keep going and pray she would eventually find something better, and that was not something she much wanted to do. She was tired. She was bleeding. She was certainly not in the best shape for travel. There was one clear choice.

Sighing softly she shifted her gaze from the mottled unicorn who faced her, violet gaze to drifting away for a moment. Her unusual eyes studied the trees ahead in the distance, autumnal specks on the horizon, the ones from which her company had most likely emerged. At last Vahana spoke, words trickling slowly, deliberately, from her maw, "Your offer does not fail to entice me. After all, it'd be nice to have some company. I would not mind going home with you, just to go there and see for myself, if it's no trouble. Too long I've wandered without some sort of path or a purpose to guide me. Perhaps I might find that here..." She paused, then nodded, "Lead the way, I would not want to make you late."

@Wessex

Messages In This Thread
The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box - by Vahana - 05-31-2017, 09:37 PM
RE: The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box - by Vahana - 06-06-2017, 04:20 PM