the Rift

[OPEN] breaking through the atmosphere

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
dragonborn
The walk from the Threshold to the Edge was one that Amaris strangely, didn't mind. The dragonmare was prone to enjoying talking of the histories and lores of the lands, the way the Gods of Helovia worked, the names of those in rank within her herd, so that by the time any newcomers arrived to the borders, they would be sufficiently prepared for life within the Edge - or would otherwise have had ample opportunity to voice their concerns and depart ways.

The dragonmare, usually somewhat of a recluse, an introvert, found that when she got into her storytelling mood, she was able to let go of some of the anxiety that always charged her emotions, to forget for a moment that she was so afraid that her appearance would cause others to think ill of her, or to assume something or other about her.

During this particular walk, when she asked the steed what he would next like to hear about, they were interrupted slightly by the return of her companion, Dramyrth, from on high. He was unceremoniously plonked himself down upon her withers, trilling a soft song, purring deeply as he stretched and flexed his body before settling atop her withers to eye the stallion closely, having only gotten a rough impression of him via the bond they shared. Amaris introduced him, as she always did, and if Iye requested it, explained the principle behind companion bonds as well to him.

It wasn't long before they arrived at the borders of her (their?) herdland, recognisable by its misty forests and ocean breezes.

"Welcome," the dragonmare said, before summoning, with a thought, a red dragon-spirit to shoot high above them and send out a call for attention from those who held the power to approve newcomers to join the herd. She added her own voice, a soft, melodic tune, neither wholly equine nor draconic in nature as it drifted through the trees and permeated the lands.

"I'm sure we won't be waiting long," she assured him, as they began their wait.

If someone of rank could please post to accept @Iye that would be wonderful!

sky above me — earth below me
and fire within me
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
breaking through the atmosphere - by Amaris - 06-01-2017, 06:21 AM
RE: breaking through the atmosphere - by Alysanne - 06-04-2017, 03:03 PM
RE: breaking through the atmosphere - by Iye - 06-07-2017, 01:17 PM
RE: breaking through the atmosphere - by Amaris - 06-13-2017, 01:52 AM