the Rift

[OPEN] Maximum Effort [Festival Race]

Canaan Posts: 18
Aurora Basin Phantom
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 5
Silk
Canaan
At first I stay in the main area around the lake, enjoying the light hum of family, friends, and frenemies chatting among themselves. It's nice to be part of something but not actively participating. After standing there a little while I hear a call for a race and turn to look in the direction of the shout. A stallion, a little ways in the distance, is beckoning festival-goers to a race. Ha! As if I were able to beat anyone in a race. I can gallop with the rest of them but not with the speed I would like.

As I watch Rikyn and a yearling walk in that direction, I decide perhaps I will try my luck. I approach at an amble, deciding to save my hurry for when I get there. By the time I arrive any conversation has died down and the other two participants are standing at the line marked in the ground in silence. I nod a greeting to the stallion that is conducting the race, wondering idly who he is. I take my place in the line-up on the other side of Rikyn and glance at the younger stallion.

"Ready to eat my dust?" I cackle under my breath, enjoying the rub. Not that I have hopes for winning such a race but I'll give it my best shot. I'm not one to let anyone else beast me just because I feel bad for them. I glance ahead at where the sentinels are in distance, presumably where we will run to and come back. I dig one hoof at the ground and wring my tail, feeling adrenaline build within me. I'm ready!

screams of the innocent
Image Credit
You may use force with Canaan with the exception of permanent maiming or death.
OOC
Thread Tracker
Wish List
DeviantArt

Messages In This Thread
Maximum Effort [Festival Race] - by Albrecht - 06-02-2017, 09:11 AM
RE: Maximum Effort [Festival Race] - by Rikyn - 06-07-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: Maximum Effort [Festival Race] - by Maude - 06-09-2017, 12:11 PM
RE: Maximum Effort [Festival Race] - by Canaan - 06-12-2017, 09:44 PM