Canaan
Screams of the Innocent

A dust devil danced down the street
Gathered the trash in a heap
Like a gift it just fell at my feet
All windblown
What a treasure your memory is
Even if it's all windblown

Like a leaf on a wind, like the hair in your face, a whisper through the trees. I am windblown. I am the lost, the forgotten. Those that knew me have forgotten; those that see me look past. It's not that I mind. The horrors of my past bind me but I pretend not to care. I take little part in this world and so being ignored is just a casual part of my week. But, being the windblown seed that has failed to take root, eventually I must journey to a new land. And so I've left my previous home after home after home... if you care to call them that.. and ended up in this new.. place. I don't know it's name and more likely than not I won't even be here long enough to bother needing that knowledge. Where I've stumbled now is a meadow, secluded and quiet, with a small creek running through it. There are no birds in the sky nor waterfowl swimming the creek. In the autumn sun it is a beautiful but desolate place. I know sometimes when fellow horses find new herds or travel abroad they feel a need to make themselves known to.. well whomever might be there. Certainly as a young colt I followed such procedures myself. But now, a young stallion, I can't say that I have such desires. My standard protocol is to pretend I don't exist. Finding a "home" is overrated, especially when I have no intention of making ties to the land or its occupants. And so as I walk in the setting sun toward the creek I made no sounds except for my hooves on the grass.

I step into the creek and stop, postponing the crossing. I look down at my reflection, distorted by ripples. There is nothing appealing there. I lean up against the medium grade bank and rub mud over my neck and into the itchy bed of my mane, tangling the hairs into semi-knotted cords. The creek is not wide, but deep enough to reach my knees. I bend and roll into the bank, coating one side of my body in cool mud. I stand again and shake, ridding myself of droplets but not of the soil that I've ground into my skin. A derisive snort escapes my nostrils. There, I think, handsomer already.

"blah blah blah."

You may use force with Canaan with the exception of permanent maiming or death.
OOC
Thread Tracker
Wish List
DeviantArt

Messages In This Thread
Windblown (open) - by Canaan - 06-03-2017, 06:30 PM
RE: Windblown (open) - by Noah - 06-04-2017, 07:02 AM
RE: Windblown (open) - by Sansa - 06-04-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: Windblown (open) - by Nora - 06-05-2017, 12:05 AM
RE: Windblown (open) - by Canaan - 06-05-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: Windblown (open) - by Beloved - 06-05-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Windblown (open) - by Noah - 06-05-2017, 06:32 PM