the Rift

Windblown (open)

Canaan Posts: 18
Aurora Basin Phantom
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 5
Silk

Canaan
Screams of the Innocent

It was the strangest gathering. First two who are.. according to Sansa.. "pegasus". And then the filly and her pup.. and then this.. lithe ivory mare that had a horn protruding from her head. I never thought I'd see such strange things. Were I made of weaker stuff I'd have fainted on the spot from so much shock. But my short life has taught me much and though I found myself surprised, I remained standing and - besides the crazed look in my eye, I'm sure - stoic.

The small filly clearly thought I was mad for not recognizing a pegasus. But how was I to be familiar with something that I'd never seen before? My eyes hardened as I let a small sneer pass over my lips, resenting her condescension. My eyes passed to the mare with the horn. She was bizarre to say the least. She, presumably, was referring to herself by name as I saw no others, though why was beyond me. I'd heard of some beasts being affected by mental disease and I wondered if she suffered in this way. It was not my concern, for I had few.

She, too, mocked me. And perhaps if I'd held myself in better light I'd have taken offense. But as it was, little she could have said would have hurt more than a feather on the nose. Of course what I did not deign to tell her was that yes, the mud was intentional. I ignored her question, favoring her with no expression but an empty stare. I found the longer I stood their in the company of these strange creatures the more I adapted to the aberrant nature of the situation and it's occupants.

"Noah." The male pegasus stammered out his name. I looked toward the female next to him and wondered at her overall silence. The one word to pass her lips was a question and I couldn't tell for sure what the meaning of it was. I ignored her, and filed away in my mind that she seemed clueless (maybe she was dumb?) and that she would have to remain nameless. The motivation to discover her name was lost on me. I wondered at Noah's quiet, and stammering. Social anxiety? Impotence?

Or perhaps they were all unsettled by the giggling ivory mare. Had I not so instantly categorized her as disturbed I might have been unsettled too. But instead I took pity on the fool, wondering that no one had put her out of her misery as a young child. Though I had ignored her question before, I thought to reply with a mimicked one of my own. "Is that horn upon your face intentional? Or perhaps you are a rhinoceros?"

A small sneering smile appeared on my lips, but disappeared as quickly as it had come. I stepped from the banks of the water and shook myself, flinging droplets of mud and water at those who stood too close. "I am Canaan." My voice held no emotion, returning to the empty state I had arrived in. A quick glance at the setting sun, and I thought that perhaps I didn't want to linger here much longer. Perhaps one of them would give me guidance? Or.. they could possibly removed themselves from my path.

"blah blah blah."
@Beloved

You may use force with Canaan with the exception of permanent maiming or death.
OOC
Thread Tracker
Wish List
DeviantArt

Messages In This Thread
Windblown (open) - by Canaan - 06-03-2017, 06:30 PM
RE: Windblown (open) - by Noah - 06-04-2017, 07:02 AM
RE: Windblown (open) - by Sansa - 06-04-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: Windblown (open) - by Nora - 06-05-2017, 12:05 AM
RE: Windblown (open) - by Canaan - 06-05-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: Windblown (open) - by Beloved - 06-05-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Windblown (open) - by Noah - 06-05-2017, 06:32 PM