the Rift

[OPEN] for that -berry- special someone! [HERD QUEST]

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
but i remember warmth and i could have sworn i wasn't alone

It would soon be winter again.

The promise of it hangs in the air, mild as it twists among the pines, into the valley and along the mountainsides, its chill permeating your lungs as you move through the tall boughs, too, breathing in its familiarity, the scent of snow as beautiful as it has always been to you. The excitement that bubbles quietly in your chest is not missed by the furry creature that has been bounding ahead of you from the moment you left the confines of your little cave, and for just a moment he is distracted by the change, pausing to look up at you just long enough to ensure that there is nothing he should be excited about as well before returning to the haphazard path that his nose has picked out.

'It will be your first winter, won’t it?' There is no response from the pup, too engrossed in the same things he had smelled the day before, and the one before that, too—and you only smile, rolling your eyes gently. 'Perhaps we will go see the ocean, once it freezes, it’s always so pretty.' Your smile wanes into a wistful smirk recalling the last time you had gone to that shore with your world, building crumbling castles of snow, snow-horses that looked nothing like a horse at all, and how the two of you had laughed and laughed again at them. The emptiness in your chest stirs painfully and yet you shove it away, blinking your eyes as you look to the path that your little wolf always follows.

'Mehr?' You pause, listening for the rustle of leaves, his less than quiet prowl, but you are met with nothing. A sigh, and you rock on spindly legs before pressing towards the treeline, fighting the instinctual, overbearing worry that has already begun to bloom. It isn’t long until his lily white silhouette becomes clear against the reds and oranges of the wilting leaves, until your worry turns to mild annoyance. 'I thought I told you not to run off.' His tiny shoulders seem to shrug and you huff, unappreciative of his blatant disregard. It is as you turn to tease him with the thought of getting lost in the snow that the sound of voices hit you, and as you look in their direction, the wolf trots forwards, feeling rather triumphant that you were able to catch on to the reason why he had left in the first place.

You scrunch your nose as you reluctantly follow, eventually happening upon the little group bunched around nearly empty bushes. It is easy to recognize all but one of them, and in your typical fashion you only smile before settling quietly a few arm lengths away from the bay Mender. Mehr finds his spot underneath you, his head poking from between your front legs, watching each individual for moments before moving to the next.

TRASHTRASHTRASH
but hey look, i did a thing :D
tldr; she just stands near lena all awk like the awkward duckling she is~
@Tiamat

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
RE: for that -berry- special someone! [HERD QUEST] - by Enna - 06-10-2017, 05:56 AM