the Rift

[PRIVATE] family tree

Vulkán Posts: 16
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: Yearling (ages quickly)
Snow

"I mean...are they capable of sentient thought, like us, or are they alive in the same way that the trees are?" No sooner has he asked the question than his dam has answered it, and with a sterile tilt of his head the colt hums as he digests the information. "Interesting." He glances down, resolving to be more careful with his footsteps from now on. "What is my grandfather, the God of the Earth, like? His name seems to imply a certain level of power, although I am aware that names can be misleading." This is a cause of much concern for the odd young boy. Why is the Dragon's Throat called what it is, when in fact it is a dry desert with absolutely nothing to do with a dragon? His own name at least describes what he is - a volcano in equine flesh - as does his twin's, but what is a Volterra, an Isopia, an Ampere, a Vastra?

She does not dig further about his mention of routine, which he's quite relieved about. He slowly peels his gaze from off the floor and looks back to her, enjoying this conversation as much as one as emotionally stunted as him can enjoy anything. There's so much for him to discover, and his mother is a positive font of information.

As Isopia continues, the boy listens intently. Advanced as his mind is for his age, he still struggles with some of what she's saying, as after all he is only a few weeks old and has a lot to learn about the world before he can truly enter into such a debate with an intellectual like his mother. "Is there any such thing as right and wrong, then, or just....our perceptions of what would be considered right and wrong?" A fragile distinction, but a distinction nonetheless. To some, killing might be seen as wrong, however to a predator it's just a part of daily life. Perhaps they aren't advanced enough to pass judgement, as his mother points out.

image: naia-art

Messages In This Thread
family tree - by Vulkán - 06-05-2017, 05:24 PM
RE: family tree - by Isopia - 06-06-2017, 10:24 AM
RE: family tree - by Vulkán - 06-06-2017, 03:02 PM
RE: family tree - by Isopia - 06-06-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: family tree - by Vulkán - 06-06-2017, 03:40 PM
RE: family tree - by Isopia - 06-06-2017, 03:53 PM
RE: family tree - by Vulkán - 06-08-2017, 02:41 PM