the Rift

[OPEN] Autumn Snow

Canaan Posts: 18
Aurora Basin Phantom
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 5
Silk

Canaan
Screams of the Innocent

I walked in silence from the place that had been the threshold to this strange new land. To say the least, my mind had been blown. I was greeted by fellow equines, but they were very strange indeed. Two with strange wings on their back - pegasus. One that was normal, like me. And another that had a horn protruding from her forehead like a rhinoceros. Whatever place I had come to was not normal. I had always thought that I was abnormal, and that my past was a large contributing factor. And yet, clearly I was as plain as vanilla.

I groaned at the headache that made its way through my skull, setting there to make a comfy bed. Ugh. I'd wandered north and now my hooves crunched through a light layer of snow. I shivered. No winter coat had grown in on my body, and the mud I had splattered on myself earlier now worked against me. With each step my tail clung closer to my hindquarters and my ears laid further against my skull.

Night had set since I had begun my journey, and then much of it had passed as I wandered. Now I stopped by a strange, lonely rock formation. It did little to provide shelter, but blocked my form from the breeze. Now I waited quietly, minding my own business, waiting for the sun to rise and warm me. I kept my body close to the rock, leaving my blind eye toward it so I could easily see anyone approaching. I was on my way to the "Aurora Basin" as my new home was called. I had separated from those that had invited me - Nora and Noah - but I didn't mind continuing the journey alone. In fact I had welcomed it, after having experienced so many new things among my immediate arrival into this new land.

My thoughts wandered back to those that I had met early. Sansa, the young roan filly with the dog that ran about her feet. It seemed to be a friendship, a companionship, and it was certainly something I'd never seen before. What must it be like to have a predator as a friend? Nice to have some fangs to protect you, or work for you...  And then there was Noah, the stallion with wings. He seemed very protective of the bicolored lady by his side, Nora. Was there something more than just possessiveness? What would I know... I was not one for wonderful relationships.

Finally, there was the ivory mare that appeared to be a similar age to myself. She was an interesting specimen. Speaking as if she is more than one, constant giggling. She seemed to be trying to mock me, but I didn't care. If I thought more highly of myself perhaps I would have taken offense, or found insult. As it was, such things ran off like water off a duck's back. Instead I found her rather amusing, especially that it was so easy to get under nerves.. calling her a rhino, or splattering mud upon her perfect coat. Not that I had intended offense with either, but it still was very amusing.

I glanced out with my good eye in the chill (but not cold) air and wondered if any other strange creatures would make their way past me. Certainly this was something I had to quickly adapt to, or else suffer from permanent shock. My tangled mane and forelock covered my blind eye, so that even if I had been facing out, my crystal blue eye would be hidden from view.

"blah blah blah."
@Glacia @Ki'irha

You may use force with Canaan with the exception of permanent maiming or death.
OOC
Thread Tracker
Wish List
DeviantArt

Messages In This Thread
Autumn Snow - by Canaan - 06-07-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: Autumn Snow - by Glacia - 06-08-2017, 09:38 PM
RE: Autumn Snow - by Canaan - 06-08-2017, 09:55 PM
RE: Autumn Snow - by Glacia - 06-09-2017, 09:37 PM
RE: Autumn Snow - by Canaan - 06-09-2017, 10:42 PM