the Rift

[OPEN] Don't scare the new girl [Welcoming!]

Vahana Posts: 7
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3
Yoko
It was not Wessex’s voice that answered the curious newcomer, but that of another. She turned from her marveling to see a dark colored stallion approaching them. He was a distinctive creature indeed, with his long, dark mane, gilded cloven hooves, and leonine tail. His body was also trimmed with gleaming gold, the same shade as his gaze, which swept across her stocky figure, examining her carefully. From his brow sprouted a sharp, onyx spiral, wound with gold. When he turned, she could see that there was a distinctive golden tribal marking that extended from his left hind hoof to his stifle. He carried himself proudly, in the way a leader would, with his head held high. She was not too surprised when he introduced himself as such, Lord Rikyn of the Aurora Basin. Following him was a strange, soft, chocolate-colored beast that she had never seen before. It was almost like a small horse with rather large ears, a stubby tail and antlers atop its head. This animal too was marked with glittering gold details. It smiled warmly at Vahana, and the painted mare jumped in surprise at its display of friendliness. Rikyn wasted no time in informing her that this odd companion of his did in fact have a name, and a strange name at that: Duir.

Vahana did her best to reciprocate their warmth, “Greetings Lord Rikyn, and to you too, Duir. It’s a delight to make your acquaintance. My name is Vahana.” The mare gave a polite bow and then paused, thinking of what to say next. She added, “You and your herd must be very proud of your father’s creation, these here Sentinels. They are certainly magnificent. May I ask what happened to them?” Upon speaking her last word, it occurred to her that asking such a question might be overstepping her bounds. Before she could further doubt herself, before Rikyn gave his answer, the sound of approaching hoofbeats signaled that they were not alone.

Lord Rikyn and his faithful companion Duir were not the only new faces that arrived to greet Vahana at the Basin’s entrance. Vahana's amethyst gaze fell upon another unicorn nearing them, a mare this time, a young filly (presumably her own) by her side. The inky-black mare stood at a height slightly taller than her own. Small white flecks were visible on her body, standing out against the blackness of her coat like stars in the night sky. Her face had a kind expression, was marked by a wide blaze. Her forehead sprouted an ivory horn. The mare called herself Glacia, and her filly Gwyn.

As all of the painted unicorn’s welcomers now stood relatively close together, she noticed the similarity between Gwyn and Rikyn. Gwyn, the child, had a similar dark coat, accented with gold. Perhaps Rikyn was her father. They must be related somehow, Vahana thought. Was it that the whole family had come to receive her? She did not hesitate to introduce herself again, in case the mother and child had not heard her earlier, “I am Vahana. Wessex found me and was kind enough to show me around, as I’m sure you can tell.”

At Medic's suggestion, Vahana remembered what she must look like. Her appearance was unsightly at best. The woman's thick tresses were tangled in a giant bird's nest. The sable feathers on her ankles were matted and caked with mud. The once stark-white patches adorning her barrel were now with dark with dirt, and tinged with the pink color of old, dried blood. At least the fresh blood on her left knee had started to scab up. She frowned, "Traveling does take a toll on one's appearance." She supposed that she could use a little "patching up," as Glacia put it. Undoubtedly she did not want to look so disheveled if she were going to meet any other members of the herd.

A grateful smile tugged at the corners of her lips, "I would like that very much. I suppose it would not hurt to have a trained eye take a look at my injuries. By the looks of them these scrapes could probably use some mending."

OOC: -waves-
@Wessex
@Rikyn
@Glacia
@Gwyn

Messages In This Thread
Don't scare the new girl [Welcoming!] - by Wessex - 06-08-2017, 01:38 PM
RE: Don't scare the new girl [Welcoming!] - by Vahana - 06-10-2017, 07:41 PM