the Rift

[OPEN] Flame [quest]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
He grinned slightly at the brothers — some misplaced melancholy stringing low, painfully sweet chords in his chest as their presence reminded him of his own childhood alongside his brother. That was a simple time—a happy time. How his life had changed since those simple days…

The great stallion shook his thickly horned head slightly, gaze defogging from reminiscing as his navy blue eyes focused on the first-appeared colt. He certainly looked young, but his deep and precocious voice was at odds with this appearance. And was that…steam coming from cracked skin on his small, dark shoulders? The Elephant’s head tilted, realizing that a glow quite similar (exact like, really) to his own elephantine magic came from those cracks. Perhaps this little colt would like to see his own magic…?

His attention swung towards the lighter-colored and older brother. He was familiar… “Hello, Astarot,” he greeted the young stallion, remembering him from his brief diplomatic visit to the Throat—though it had been interrupted by none other than the snake of a man, Toulouse. Still, an easy grin crossed the massive man’s face in greeting, “And hello, Vulkan,” his great head dipped to the colt’s level as warm navy eyes smiled towards the youth in hello.

“I look for the Firecracker plant; it’s a grass,” he looked around at the sea of dying grasses around them, “and I do not know how to find it without the flower…” his deep rumbled trailed off, perplexed dark brows knitting together.

“But, if you stand behind me, I will show you something, first,” his deep voice rumbled, grinning lopsidedly at the pair. The paternal part of him excitedly thrummed beneath his thick, scarred, buckskin hide. Though his magma magic was still dangerously destructive, he now had enough control over it to feel that he could (mostly) safely show the young colt.

His chest began to glow as he turned and aimed towards a nearby, large rock-mound. Sweat sprung to his skin, darkening his hide as the heat grew in his chest—roaring trumpets of elephants clamored in his skull, their angry calls screaming to overtake and control the Elephant.

Though it had been some while since he had used his magic and he could feel his resolve waver for a moment, the practiced strength of a general brought this hot power to heel. And from his chest slowly peeled a trunk, tusks, round feet, and dripping magma skin. The horse-sized beast leapt into a charge, seeking the closet thing it’s fury could find—ears flapping in anger and sending sizzling drops of lava to the grasses.

With a final, furious brandish of its trunk, the molten beast exploded on the boulder; loud cracks rent the air as the rock shattered beneath the brunt of power and heat. And the Elephant looked back at the boy and young man, a (somewhat goofy) and proudly paternal grin on his face—as if to say, how about that?!
the elephant
we can only hope to control
the beast within

...lowkey table change ;) @Vulkán @Astarot

hahahahahaaaaaa un-kingly, papa Tembo is hilarious to write. he's surprisingly goofy.
I wasn't sure how I wanted to end this, so I can edit it and leave it open-ended where his magma elephant explodes, if you guys have something different in mind!

:: [ Magic: EarthxFire | Can summon a mini-magma-elephant that charges opponent/nearest other and explodes on impact ]
:: [ Restrictions | Lasts for 20 seconds in battle and requires considerable effort and concentration ]

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Flame [quest] - by Tembovu - 06-10-2017, 03:12 PM
RE: Flame [quest] - by Vulkán - 06-11-2017, 10:38 AM
RE: Flame [quest] - by Astarot - 06-11-2017, 10:00 PM
RE: Flame [quest] - by Tembovu - 06-12-2017, 07:53 AM
RE: Flame [quest] - by Vulkán - 06-12-2017, 02:24 PM