the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gilded Moonlight

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
The children were settled down for the night. Their soft breathing and the occasional rustle of feathers as they moved was calming enough to make me feel like everything was okay. When I looked at Letha and Geronimo in turn my heart felt full. I brushed my muzzle across their sleeping faces and as I turned to walk away Mara settled down between them to rest and watch over them.

Dragomir didn't often wander far after we got the kids settled down for the night. I often suspected when he wandered that it was so he could unwind after a day of healing with hyperactive foals, and crafting materials for a herd. So when I finally found him I paused for a moment, watching the frosty puff of hair as he breathed, and the way the moonlight glided over his frame, highlighting every muscle and scar.

"Dragomir?" I finally called out as I walked toward him, slowly closing the distance between us. He's a good man. The thought hit me suddenly, but it wasn't one that I could disagree with. He was a good man. He's seen me at my worst several times and still seemed to want me around. He took in a child that wasn't his and helped raise her, then again when I found Geronimo.

As I drew near I stepped close enough so that my folded wings would brush against his side, and I lifted my head to look at him. I was silent for a moment before turning to look out at the sea. "What are you looking at?"
"."
wishing on a shooting star
     BUT DREAMS ALONE WON'T GET YOU FAR
image credits

@Dragomir

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Gilded Moonlight - by Dragomir - 06-22-2017, 10:45 AM
RE: Gilded Moonlight - by Ranjiri - 06-22-2017, 11:41 AM
RE: Gilded Moonlight - by Dragomir - 06-22-2017, 12:45 PM