the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] A flash and then nothing

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

It’s hard to say just how loss affects me, anymore. Sometimes I don’t feel anything, other times it hurts like first time, and, sometimes, like now, I just get overwhelmingly frustrated with everything.

What does he mean be well? Don’t get exploded? It’s only a God four Gods can’t beat… I grumpily demand of Duir, making my way towards the small cluster of my herd mates already gathering, tail lashing irritably behind me, and ears partially flattened. My companion makes his way warily along behind me, his ears partway back in healthy fear of my current mood. Not sure how to respond to me, he instead opts in for silence, which, to be fair, is probably the best route…

Still, it’s annoying.

"Obviously," I flatly remark to Weaver’s somewhat rhetorical answer, the misplaced hostility more intended for Duir, than her. Whatever Lordly regalia I’d been pretending to wear has hence forth and forever more been cast away in the dirt. I’m not going to butter up my words for the sake of this place anymore; just look at what it’s doing to my best friend, what it’s done to me. For fucks sake, it made my mother. My tense tone softens when I look over at Erebos, his questioning eyes making me want to smack him about the head, because, surely, he knows, the same as I do. "He’s never left since he gave our parents this place, as far as I know."

Running my tongue over my teeth with a frustrated sigh, I don’t look to the sky for help from the Gods (clearly useless); instead, I cast my eyes to the ground, and feel my hooves seem to root down into it, though I don’t move. Looking back up with a stern expression, I try to come up with a plan.

"Get everyone together, okay? If this is going to happen, our best chance is to face it as a group. When we fought the Rift Gods, many died, including Gods. And this just feels like bad news. You all saw that… thing Kaos made," my ears fall back, and my heart hollows out, as I think of what comes next, in my quickly contrived plan, "we all heard what the Time God said just now. I think it would be wise if we also considered being ready to evacuate this land, and quickly."

I’d been in a war party, once, as a young man, and had seen how quickly a society can become another, by rite of blood and clamorous noise. It did not have to be a world you wanted. It just was, and I’d be damned if I dwelled in any place that felt more like a prison than a home.

Art by Esa82@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
A flash and then nothing - by Random Event - 06-22-2017, 12:10 PM
RE: A flash and then nothing - by Wessex - 06-23-2017, 03:17 PM
RE: A flash and then nothing - by Erebos - 06-28-2017, 07:19 PM
RE: A flash and then nothing - by Weaver - 06-29-2017, 09:53 AM
RE: A flash and then nothing - by Rikyn - 06-29-2017, 10:55 AM
RE: A flash and then nothing - by Glacia - 06-29-2017, 04:20 PM
RE: A flash and then nothing - by Wessex - 07-02-2017, 08:37 AM
RE: A flash and then nothing - by Erebos - 07-02-2017, 05:31 PM
RE: A flash and then nothing - by Tiamat - 07-05-2017, 02:39 PM
RE: A flash and then nothing - by Weaver - 07-05-2017, 06:43 PM
RE: A flash and then nothing - by Wessex - 07-06-2017, 10:11 AM