the Rift

[PRIVATE] sleep patterns

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

From mighty king, he has dropped to roaming pauper. From a Sultan with an empire at his back, he has fallen to a lonely vagabond with nothing but his possessions and his dragons to keep him company. He misses the Throat so much it actually aches, like a knife inserted forcefully into his gut. He finds it hard to believe that he once cheished his outcast lifestyle and was loathe to give it up; how did he cope in the days before he had a crown upon his head? Despite his knowledge that he is a great warlord, the Indomitable, he does not feel like he has any purpose now that his throne has gone.

He wanders the long days away, feeling the miles flow away beneath his massive feet until his rippling muscles ache and his sturdy limbs beg for mercy. The dragons rarely leave his side, and Vadir is usually to be found sitting proudly on his hindquarters whilst her red brother glides along overhead. Today is no different as the onyx monolith grazes in the meadow, his mind a roiling storm as he contemplates all the ways he'd love to destroy Kaos and reclaim the Throat.

"Not alone," come the voices of his dragons. The stallion glances up to see a hybrid mare in the distance, and her scent is a familiar one. A small smile plays across his features, although it does not quite reach the cold crimson of his eyes - it's Auriel, one of the first people he ever met when he was a colt. That had been back when a crown was nothing but a dream, when he had no dragons and no magic, when he was nothing. He has come a long way and he knows he should be grateful for what he has, but Volterra is an avaricious beast and he laments what he's lost instead. "Auriel?" The thunderous growl of his voice sounds across the land as he meanders towards her. She is attractive, certainly, and he feels a stirring like he's not had for a while. "Long time no see." He fixes his attention on her, and his dragons do likewise.

THE INDOMITABLE

I'M A WHISPER LOST UPON WIND, I'M THE EMBER THAT'LL BURN YOU DOWN
I'M THE WATER THAT'LL DROWN YOU, I'M THE STAR THAT'S JUST A BLACK HOLE NOW
image: naia-art

@Auriel

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
sleep patterns - by Auriel - 06-23-2017, 04:17 PM
RE: sleep patterns - by Volterra - 06-24-2017, 12:49 PM
RE: sleep patterns - by Auriel - 06-26-2017, 11:40 PM
RE: sleep patterns - by Volterra - 06-29-2017, 11:32 AM