the Rift

[PRIVATE] upside down like a rollercoaster ride

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
The weathermare watched as the world kept turning, as life resumed, carried on, unaffected by the change that was so obvious to her. It was like an itch, a sensation in the pit of her stomach, of wrongness, of unease and an inability to accept that this was the new 'normal'. No, whatever this was, it wasn't good, and it meant that something was going to happen that would change everything.

Cirrus wasn't sure if she was OK with this. She wasn't sure if she was prepared for more change, having been through so much already.

As the Cerndyr approached her, she looked curiously at it, and her cerulean gaze drawing upwards to the steed who followed.

And almost immediately, as his scent came towards her, she crinkled her nostrils and squinted her eyes. It was a reflex, a reaction to a most offensive stench. It something akin to a rotten corpse, to spoiled meat that had been left in the sun too long. Was he a zombie, risen from the dead? Or just an extremely unkempt, unwashed, filthy individual?

"Uh, he's fine," Cirrus muttered as she sneezed through the stench, looking at the stallion properly. He was tall, but he looked aged and decrepit, a stallion well past his prime, waiting to live out the end of days. His skin was marred and broken, his pelt barely clinging to his frame - but as she held his deep lavender gaze, she saw something else.

Something that made her forget about everything else, for a moment, even the world ending.

Hope.

"Cirrus," she offered gently, holding onto that gaze like a life-saving device, clinging to it, lest she drown in the horror that was everything else about this stallion. It didn't last long, however, not nearly long enough, before those horrors became overwhelming, before they stole her senses and caused her to take a step back, to add more distance to the few strides that remained between them.

"Sorry, I, uh- " she stammered as she shook her tiara, the spell of his gaze broken, the terror of his presence overwhelming, as the weathermare stumbled and continued to stare, unable to move past it now.

with love, Cirrus
lunarblues & larfsalot @ deviantart
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    upside down like a rollercoaster ride - by Cirrus - 06-24-2017, 01:56 AM
    RE: upside down like a rollercoaster ride - by Cirrus - 06-24-2017, 09:39 PM