the Rift

[PRIVATE] upside down like a rollercoaster ride

Kirottu Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Youmna :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Lamplight Whit
Though I feigned ignorance, I watched as the interaction unfolded. I watched as the cloud mare looked easily from me to my bondmate, and as everything else seemed to fall down around her.

I watched as Kiro paused his approach, he could see her fear, her hesitation, her concern. I watched as he lowered his head, but still sought out her gaze.

I felt within me the churning of his emotions: anger at me for forcing him into this, worry that he was about to terrify this poor innocent mare, disgust that he, such a magnificent stallion was once again reduced to this, and also something deeper, something far more significant and real.

Hope.

I clung to this emotion, this feeling, and I mirrored it back at him. Hope was all we had, and so as the mare and stallion locked eyes, I allowed the hope within me to grow, to swell and thrive. Excitement rose, as my bonded seemed to actually be willing to try, to experience this great thing called life, to extend himself beyond the cocoon of safety and comfort and us -

Only, it didn't last long. I felt the icy walls of denial and fear rise up within him as the mare's gaze broke with his own, as she reacted to the overpowering stench that I was so accustomed to, as her bright blue eyes roved over his broken, damaged, ugly form and revolted.

Stay strong, I murmured, moving to his side, touching him with my own muzzle, offering support where previously he had none to rely on, none to encourage him and help him cling to that hope. She saw you, I reassured him, shouldering him, there is still hope.

I felt something shift within him, some determined thought flicker through his mind as he came to a conclusion. He had been about to launch into a tirade of abuse, to insult and scorn and hate everything once more, but he was weary, he was tired, and despite it all, with me there, he was also hopeful.

"It's a curse," he said, his voice catching on the words he had never uttered out loud, to anyone, before. "I'm not always like this - my true form shines when the Sun goes down," he admitted gruffly, the words foreign on his tongue, difficult to shape if only because it was such a tightly guarded secret.

"I mouthed off at a witch once, when I was young and stupid. I am far less young now, and only marginally less stupid," he kept talking, for it seemed to be helping - the mare hadn't left completely yet, at least.

"I've tried to wash in the ocean, in streams, but nothing works."
Kirottu
the cursed one

floweringfatality | whimzi
on deviantart

Messages In This Thread
upside down like a rollercoaster ride - by Cirrus - 06-24-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: upside down like a rollercoaster ride - by Kirottu - 06-24-2017, 10:09 PM