the Rift

[PRIVATE] upside down like a rollercoaster ride

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
A sensation like that of insects crawling over her skin tingled over the weathermare's body. She was restless, uncomfortable; she needed to get away from this creature.

And yet, she remained, his words anchoring her to the spot. She watched the Cerndyr as it comforted its bonded, and that more than anything else called her attention, her reason. It settled her nerves, numbed the itching sensation, steadied her restless limbs.

She watched them, with a careful, discerning gaze. And she remained silent, for a long time after he spoke.

He could be lying. It was all too likely a tale, too easy a lie to come up with - a curse, given to him by a witch, that made him rot in the day time and thrive in the night?

But the conviction with which he spoke, the way his words caught as if snagging on some kind of deeper, more terrifying truth - she suspected he had never told this to anyone before, and with this suspicion in place she was wont to believe him.

As she simply looked at him, her own magic stirred - clouds gathered above them and upon her hide, and she added to the rainstorm that followed her other magic - her healing magic. She didn't know what to expect, but the rain always made her feel better, and it seemed to control the stench radiating from him - at least to the point where she wasn't gagging whenever she took a breath in.

"I can control the rain." She spoke the words simply, as if sharing something about herself when he had shared so much was the right thing to do. "I can heal with it too, though I don't know about washing away curses."

She tilted her tiara at him, considering him through wet strands of her own wild and unruly mane and forelock that threatened her field of view. With some hesitation at first, and then with more confidence, she strode closer to him, holding that enchanting gaze once more, holding onto that whisper of hope once again.

"At least it seems to have helped your B.O.," she added with a smirk, as she stood before him, almost defiant, challenging him to try and come up with something else that might shock her, that might try to scare her away.

It would take more than bad B.O. from a seedy old man to scare Cirrus the Defiant away.

with love, Cirrus
lunarblues & larfsalot @ deviantart
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    upside down like a rollercoaster ride - by Cirrus - 06-24-2017, 01:56 AM
    RE: upside down like a rollercoaster ride - by Cirrus - 06-24-2017, 10:39 PM