the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Thrill Of The End

Calstron Posts: 43
World's Edge Protector
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8
Goatfairy
Calstron
THE world was ending. Well, this world was anyways. The blood knight knew he could still leave this land and head for his home. He'd have to fight for his throne back, to be sure, but he'd succeed and his children would be superb heirs. But, that would mean going back and facing dark faces and he'd no idea if his fragile, fickle grasp on sanity might maintain once he returned. Things had been good for a while but when this land's gods had left and Helovia plunged into chaos he'd felt the strain of keeping things together once more.

He doubted he'd ever return to what he was before Rexanna but at least he knew he'd never be as lost as he was after her thanks to Raeden and the foals. He clung to them as only the weakest of stallions might, but they kept his sanity and the ever present red tide almost always at bay. The fallen king knew he couldn't continue asking such things of them though. The colt was already beginning to have...explosions of behavior. The girl, reflecting every bit of royal blood in her body, was ruthless. They didn't need him and they wouldn't need his broken mind for whatever was going to happen here. He'd be a hazard, he'd get them killed, he'd go on a hunt and they'd follow. Raeden was not that dark and she certainly would not forgive something so atrocious. Hell, he wasn't even sure if she'd love him once she started noticing what he had with their foals. Fuck, he was so fucked.

The bloody king shakes his head in despair. He glances back at his babes. The Ghost and the Spark. His time with them might be limited but it was all so that they might be free of the worst of his curses. It was fitting that he'd bring them here for one of their final days spent together. The place was so much like him, like them, and it was where he'd told Rexanna she'd never be free of him. Well, she was now. In a few months time, so would they. But first, they had much to learn. "Well, my bairns, today will begin some lessons. But I also have some things to tell you that you must never tell your mother."  His eyes are hard as he casts his gaze between the two. He wanted them to understand the severity of what he was about to say. "Where I come from I was a Prince and then a King. I, and you, are part of a long and tortured lineage. I did.....many things that were very bad. But you must know this fact so that you might never do such things yourselves. It is very important that you strive to only do what you must to survive, to thrive, and to defend each other and your mother. Always, protect your mother. Lie to her if you must, but you shall never hurt her." He pauses for effect before continuing again. "Now, we are here today because it is an important age for you. My father and his father before him have all taught their children to kill on this day. I will not, but we shall learn some attacks and defenses if you so desire." He smiles at them and waits to see what their reactions might be.  

I'll Fall So You Might Live
SKYLARK

OOC: It'd be cool if Dressy could come in with Castiella and we could go like "Cal, Akriel, Cas, Cal, Akriel, Cas" and then Rex comes in just so that the kids can be a bit evil before Rex finds em and meets them xD

WARNING:
Calstron is a dark character that often utilizes curse words and his posts may contain triggering content.  PG-13, not PG

Messages In This Thread
The Thrill Of The End - by Calstron - 06-24-2017, 08:08 PM
RE: The Thrill Of The End - by Castiella - 06-27-2017, 10:11 AM
RE: The Thrill Of The End - by Akriel - 06-27-2017, 11:04 PM
RE: The Thrill Of The End - by Calstron - 06-27-2017, 11:49 PM
RE: The Thrill Of The End - by Castiella - 07-03-2017, 01:22 PM
RE: The Thrill Of The End - by Akriel - 07-06-2017, 10:56 PM
RE: The Thrill Of The End - by Calstron - 07-06-2017, 11:13 PM