the Rift

[OPEN] goodbye to a world

Phobos Posts: 2
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 16.3hh :: baby
Kyros :: White Ethiopian Lion :: None dark
and i'm gonna keep it one-hunda,
biting down, 'bout to rip my tongue off
He is born in a mess of limbs, entangled with a womb mate who he has grown to fit beside, two pieces of a fragile puzzle - he is only moments old and he knows already that they will never be so disgustingly close ever again with their legs a knot of dainty limbs, bodies pressed together in such a small, confined world. They are free now, spilling out onto rough, cold earth, so vastly different from the warm pool of life they had lived before now, safe from the nips of brisk cold and echoes of faint sounds. They are no longer one, uniform existence but two separate wholes, two children living and breathing, silent and still as the world retracts from their welcome. It is godless and dark, the heavens are crumbling and it is they who are the harbingers of such, the children riding on the heels of absolute chaos. And it becomes I, no longer He, no longer They, but Me.

I am born to a woman weeping, a weak woman with her tears spilling out over the ground as her tired body pushes two children from her womb, a mess of wet body fluids and membranes. I am born beside my sister, quiet and resolute, eyes shut and sides rising as the darkness, the emptiness, extends a hand. I am watching her cry, watching those blue eyes brim with tears full of uncertainty, full of hopelessness and despair. My head has risen now, cheek cold from being pressed against the stone, splotched with dust and debris that cling to the fluids of my mother. I am retracting, observing over interacting, lips kept shut as I watch her, and I am observed - a feline witnesses all that happens, looking over my sibling and I in stillness, as though loyal to my mother and only her, not the children she just bore, but her, and even still, Himself.

With inquisitive blue eyes focusing on the animal before me, I almost fail to notice the presence of another, a giant stands before us with a smile spreading across his massive features - I am suddenly reaching out, spreading shadowed hands over the room around us, unintentional, a reaction to being caught off guard, spontaneous and urgent as the fear grips the space with an iron fist. It remains over us, in the air like a thick, choking smoke as it envelopes each individual in the room. I am only staring, eyes laid down over the hulking body of the man, wondering why he smiles the way he does as he looks down at us, as though he is adoring us - I glance to my sister, who remains still, and then with unsteady, gradual breaths, I let out a violent huff.

Uneasy, newborn limbs reach out from the space occupied mostly by my sister, stretching to full length, admiring the newfound freedom granted by escaping the emotional pit dwelling within the weeping woman. There are unspoken questions that will go unanswered, such as why she cries, or who this man is - but most important, who am I? Who will I be? What is there for me out in the world, where the gods have stepped down from the heavens to fight off an evil that I have yet to witness, where there is no order, no structure, no four strong pillars to keep the world balanced - only Chaos.  

the little squirt is here and using his magic already!!!

Messages In This Thread
goodbye to a world - by Sikeax - 06-25-2017, 02:11 PM
RE: goodbye to a world - by Volterra - 06-26-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: goodbye to a world - by Phobos - 06-26-2017, 08:38 PM