the Rift

[PRIVATE] With every broken bone, I swear I lived

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

In the still air, slow plumes of air rose up to join the eternal mist as Erthë heaved a deep sigh. She watched the glittering fumes, absently trailing the half-frozen patterns that formed as her cold breath swirled and moved, a languid dance that spoke of quiet times, contentment and lazy relaxation.

It lied.

Though comfortable in the cooling temperatures, far more so than most of her kin, Erthë felt no internal peace as she gazed out into the mist. Once, not so very long ago, the soft white wall would have provided comfort and eased her mind, allowed her to settle into the muffled silence without a care in the world. She would have been content, confident that she was safe, sheltered amidst friends in the heart of the forest she had come to love so dearly, and all would have been well.

But today the mist gave her no comfort. Indeed, it felt close and stifling instead, a choking blanket that filled her airways with every breath, as though intent on smothering her. There was no peace in the silence that hovered over the Edge. Rather it was a breath held in waiting, the still silence before the first clap of thunder, the silence between roars before the giant wave comes crashing down. Tense, brooding, looming. Erthë felt as though her entire skin was prickling with foreboding, and as her eyes strained to discern detail in the close surroundings her ears were erect, alert; twitching at the slightest sound, as though were she ready to bolt at a moments notice.

It was torture, to not know what was happening in the world. Even worse - being unable to do anything to help either herself or anyone else.

Again she sighed, and shifted her weight to another leg.

If only the Lady would return. Surely everything would be fine as long as their Moon was there to sweep her dark wings over them, and shelter them from the storm that brewed on the horizon.

Ah, if wishes were gold.

Big girls cry when their hearts are breaking
image credit to Neaqmir on deviantart.com

@Maude

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
With every broken bone, I swear I lived - by Erthë - 06-28-2017, 11:01 AM