the Rift

[PRIVATE] What dreams may come

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie
Glacia

We are left waiting for some time. I almost think that he wont show. It is long silences between Gwyn and I. Eventually he does come. Quietly, and if it weren't for his coat, I don't think I would have known it was him.

At first I don't notice. It is so slow, yet painful to watch when I do see him. He looked like he should be dead, but he wasn't. He held on. Why? I am frozen watching him, the husk of my father. He was thin when I saw him last, but it wasn't this bad.. My heart pounded in my throat, and I didn't know how to react. It was him, but his body so degraded. A shell of his former beauty. You could see hints of the brilliant stallion in his eyes, and the visible bone structure.

He was in slow motion, and right before he reaches me, he falls. I am immediately pushing off from my powerful hind, because I need to, I have to close the gap between us. I made a noise, that frankly I don't remember making. The wall, it was crumbling. Once big and strong, once it protected what was within, and yet it too had been worn by weather, and became ruins, only barely showing its former strength. Just as I reach him, He pulls his legs beneath him, and barely lifting his head he asks. Yes?

I am in front of him, looking at my father, who wasn't really him anymore. My legs fold beneath me, and my muzzle reaches out to touch his sunken face. I'm not sure what I feel looking at him. Anger, because I lived here for so long and he never found me, he didn't even come say hello. Heartache, Sorrow, because of his now condition. Regret, because I wished I had been there for him more, and happiness. He was still here. He hadn't left me in the most permanent way yet. Yet. Looking at him, I hadn't realized the tears streaming down my face.

"What happened to you?" My voice is soft, but pregnant with the pain I felt when I see him. I wanted to yell at him, to make him get better, tell him to get it together. I expected his breathing to stop at any moment. I wanted to never leave him again, nurse him back to health. "I..." There is so much I wanted to say to him, but what could I say? The last time I saw him, my state was nearly as bad as his. I was on my way to fling myself off a cliff.

In everything I had forgotten about Gwyn. If I had hands, I would have quickly wiped my tears, and wrapped my arms around her shoulders. "I'm sorry. This is Gwyn. She's your granddaughter.... Isn't she beautiful?" The tears well up again, choking my words as they came out. "I went back to the Basin... When I found out I was pregnant. Her father is Rikyn, son of Illynx and Ulrik..." I trail off, my ice eyes searching him. The world was ending, and I am convinced that I will lose my father. "Dad. I love you."
"Talk."

@Mauja
@Gwyn

QwQ <3

image | bckg

Messages In This Thread
What dreams may come - by Glacia - 06-29-2017, 04:09 PM
RE: What dreams may come - by Gwyn - 07-01-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: What dreams may come - by Mauja - 07-06-2017, 05:29 AM
RE: What dreams may come - by Glacia - 07-06-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: What dreams may come - by Gwyn - 07-07-2017, 09:01 AM
RE: What dreams may come - by Mauja - 07-10-2017, 03:18 AM