the Rift

[PRIVATE] PIECES OF PAST

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
So don’t leave me here on my own
A dark-rimmed ear is trained through the trees, towards the horizon, where the frosty shores give way to  deep waters and continue on into oblivion. The briny breeze of the ocean causes his nostrils to curl, provoking memories; before long the man finds the taste of bittersweet nostalgia on his tongue, while images flash through his mind’s eye—both reminding him of things he’d rather forget, and reminiscing on treasures he holds dear to his heart. It seems like a lifetime ago since he had left the shores of Helovia behind him. It had been a noble quest (he had told himself then), but as the weeks quickly bled into months, he found his stony heart crumbling.

More than a few times he had dreamed of his return.
He dreamed of swirling, thick mists, of the familiar scent of the sea-forest that permeated through the Edge, and of second chances—of a time when he would not be a failure and a coward for the people that he had (for once in his life) tried to serve and protect. And love. Perhaps most of all, he had dreamed of silky curls (whiter than lilies) and of sparkling eyes (more beautiful than the moon)—of a dainty woman unbroken by the poisonous touch of his pride and madness.

He had dreamed.

Sadly, reality is not so kind. (A lesson he has learned a thousand times over, and likely will a thousand times again). Here, the world is dying.

With a frown curling the corners of his lips, the stallion lifts his eyes, peering through the thin, skeletal boughs of the pines and towards the heavens (or what is left of them). Even for Orangemoon, the skies are far too dim, far too starved of the light of the sun, and it leaves little more than a snowy wasteland of bleakness and solitude. What happened while he was gone? (He’s afraid to know the answer). Instead he steels himself, gritting his teeth and turning away, sweeping his gaze towards the haphazard nest at his feet. An egg rests inside, pale cream and speckled with brown—a recent find in his travels just outside Helovia’s borders. He had taken it as a blessing, then; but as the dreary world withers around him, he can’t help but lose hope.

notes; I'm rusty but omg so happy to have Rohenna again <33
“Speech.”

without you I’m so lost
without you I’m so cold
rohan & enna

@Enna | image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
PIECES OF PAST - by Rohan - 06-30-2017, 10:13 AM
RE: PIECES OF PAST - by Enna - 07-06-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: PIECES OF PAST - by Rohan - 07-06-2017, 01:58 PM
RE: PIECES OF PAST - by Enna - 07-08-2017, 01:25 AM
RE: PIECES OF PAST - by Rohan - 07-09-2017, 02:45 AM