the Rift

[OPEN] planning for the future

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
Well if this isn’t one of the most bizarre sights Wessex has ever come across.

I mean Kaos does some pretty weird shit, but this cat-dragon-fish (catfish lizard?) thing really takes the cake.

And yet… it doesn’t seem to be wreaking havoc or causing any sort of destruction of the type she’s likely to expect, given what seems to be a most certain, impending war. In fact, the creations it crafts are quite lovely, further adding to the confusion. The obvious answer (that it is a Helovian with shifting powers) doesn’t surface – not yet – but it’s lingering there, in the murky waters of her strained mind. There is no levity such as impending parenthood (and if there was, would she feel joy at it?) to take her mind from the uncertainty that lingers in the Basin’s air. This excursion is supposed to help with that, but surprise, surprise, it isn’t doing that much.

Wessex clears her throat, drawing attention to herself if the strange beast had not already noticed her lingering down the beach. It’s just the two of them, and the gulls and the waves and the whispering of the salty air. The former Haruspex thought that maybe she could gather some inspiration from the sea, mimicking the stance her mother used to take while sifting through troubling thoughts, or whatever it is that Queens think about. Unfortunately for the horned woman, whatever mysterious link Lagertha seemed to have with the sea is lost, gone with the rest of their culture, and Wessex is left to fend for herself – doubly so, after Sparky peaced the fuck out.

Cautiously, curiously optimistic, the warrior-priestess closes half the distance between them, calling out without so much as an instruction, “What are you?”  

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Zekle
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
planning for the future - by Zèklè - 07-02-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: planning for the future - by Wessex - 07-03-2017, 09:41 AM
RE: planning for the future - by Zèklè - 07-03-2017, 11:39 AM
RE: planning for the future - by Wessex - 07-05-2017, 10:57 AM