the Rift

[OPEN] planning for the future

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Zèklè
What are you?

Well, there's a familiar question. Half-lying, half-sitting, you pull yourself into an awkward semi-standing position that somehow manages to encompass all three, brilliant sunbeam eyes blinking as you stare down the inquisitive stranger, anger flashing briefly through your recently peaceful mind. Offense is preparing to dominate your emotions. Is this because of the wing...? but, oh wait, you don't have wings right now. Not even one. Dolt.

That's right- you somehow managed to forget that you're not even a horse at the moment, but the minute you do your ire shifts to an easy amusement, and you laugh, grinning toothily at the incredibly spiky stranger. "What'm I? I'm a great adventurer, jus' back from explorin' the deepest parts of the ocean!" Your voice may be deeper, but the playful inflection is still that of a boy. You wink - less charming than intended, seeing as you're still a giant sea cat, but you can't win 'em all. "I fought off sharks n' demons t' get this treasure, y'know," you conclude almost-but-not-actually gravely.

"Whaddabout you?" you demand now of the stranger, bright eyes glittering as you invite her into the game. "What're you?" What do you want to be? You stretch easily, long tail tracing lazy patterns in the sand, trying desperately to appear friendly and approachable despite your chosen form. You don't want to shift back yet- don't want her to look and see the missing wing, the growing pool of metal, the lack of height, the flaws. In this form you're powerful and capable and cool, and you like that. You take a step toward the stranger, still smiling toothily amiably, still perfectly blissful in the knowledge of your impending fatherhood.

The golems shift and stretch their legs, as though testing the limits of their semi-life. They plod behind you, moving with surprising agility for such stub-limed things; the shark, unsurprisingly, is faster. They stop as you do, staring at the stranger with inquisitive (except not, because no matter what you believe they can't think) eyes - a mirror to your own sunbeam gaze.

And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're a queen and I'm a lionheart

image | coding

@Wessex :D

Messages In This Thread
planning for the future - by Zèklè - 07-02-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: planning for the future - by Wessex - 07-03-2017, 09:41 AM
RE: planning for the future - by Zèklè - 07-03-2017, 11:39 AM
RE: planning for the future - by Wessex - 07-05-2017, 10:57 AM