the Rift

[OPEN] planning for the future

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
Touche, strange catfish-lizard. What exactly is Wessex? It isn't the first to ask (and would not be the last), though she is happy to see that its gaze does not widen in fear, like so many others do.

In fact, if its tone wasn’t so damn jovial and teasing, Wessex might have responded with some sort of biting remark, spitting back with venom instead of… well, not-venom. “Sharks n’ demons, huh?” She grins back, eyeing it with a look of camaraderie. “You must be a great warrior, then, as well as a great adventurer.” The distance between them closes again as the dappled woman muses over the various choice phrases she could offer the stranger in order to describe her particular peculiarities. “I’m part scorpion and part porcupine. Part monster. They actually call me the Scorpion Queen, she adds quickly, feeling no shame in embellishing her newfound powers. Mutants are out. Venomous arthropods are in.

The former Haruspex is no longer simply a thing one might be afraid to touch, she’s a thing one does not want to brush up against in battle. She is a walking biological weapon.

Her yellow-orange gaze shifts to the glamourous rock creatures which follow the catfish-lizard, curious as they seem to stare back at her dark, but life-like eyes. She’s never seen a while shark before, but the turtle is easily recognizable. There is something peaceful in their composition, in the variety of stones and pale, luminous beauty. “They are beautiful,” she says quietly, perhaps even with a tinge of sorrow. Beauty is always the first to go in war. After life, it is the worst of all the casualties.

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Zekle
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
planning for the future - by Zèklè - 07-02-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: planning for the future - by Wessex - 07-03-2017, 09:41 AM
RE: planning for the future - by Zèklè - 07-03-2017, 11:39 AM
RE: planning for the future - by Wessex - 07-05-2017, 10:57 AM