the Rift

[PRIVATE] tempestuous

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

So, maybe I should have been gathering my things together, like I’d told everyone else to, but, to be honest, the sort of things I want to bring aren’t those you can carry.  I want to take the mountains, pack along the snow and stone; my heart wants to will the Sentinels to follow me out, to bid the trees to uproot themselves and come along.  The power to be able to, say, put a whole realm in a bubble and pack it somewhere (like exactly what had gotten our home into this mess) would be really nice right about now.

Consequences, Duir rationally replies, of course grounded in logic, while I’m off in my headspace dreaming of impossible things.  Per usual, his remark earns my rancor, my ears falling back, and gaze pinning on him, where it had been pining on the northern horizon, and the powdery snow being cast about by a swift wind.

"Who gives a shit about consequences?" I bitterly remark, broodingly moving away from him, towards a nearby copse of trees that I’d played in often as a boy, the familiar landscape doing little to ease the sour taste of anxiety broiling in the back of my throat.

The Gods certainly hadn’t thought of consequences, when they’d barged in to save a dying land from its fate, and simply drug it here, with the accursed lands and people they’d ever so graciously extended their aid to.  Why should I, if eternal, allegedly wise beings didn’t care to look ahead?  No person who was supposed to make the decisions seemed to, really, but it was less pitiful that the mortals in my life had let me down with their short sightedness than it was being let down by beings who were self-proclaimed Divines:  infallible, almighty, and useless.

My buck watches me go, for a time, before he slips after me, silent as a whisper as he wends through the trees (I as loud as a rampaging rhino).

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Ki'irha

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
tempestuous - by Rikyn - 07-04-2017, 09:33 AM
RE: tempestuous - by Ki'irha - 07-04-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: tempestuous - by Rikyn - 07-06-2017, 08:29 AM
RE: tempestuous - by Ki'irha - 07-06-2017, 10:49 AM
RE: tempestuous - by Rikyn - 07-07-2017, 09:57 AM
RE: tempestuous - by Ki'irha - 07-07-2017, 02:45 PM
RE: tempestuous - by Rikyn - 07-11-2017, 11:04 AM