the Rift

[PRIVATE] right now i need a miracle

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
Give me one good reason,
Why I should never make a change

Mesec is not the only one to find her, to bring warmth and uncertainty into this cold morning. The Dragonmare is a welcome respite in the darkness, a calming presence she feels before she sees. Fire Dancer wants nothing more than to turn and run to her cousin's embrace, to throw herself into the wings of the mare and there find absolution, forgiveness for the sins she has committed - yet there is a reason she has not yet done so, and that reason is those very sins. Will Amaris forgive her this transgression? How could she? Why should she? The copper mare has strayed once more from her commitments, from her promises and vows, and now she has two daughters of nighttime to live forever as proof of her shortcomings.

Why would Amaris ever forgive that?

And yet- Tavi, her cousin whispers, the pet named used by so few now. The familiar wing lifts over her side, and the girl slides easily beneath it, seeking eagerly the warmth of her cousin, the ferocity of her love. Tears spring to the girl's eyes, unbidden, and for a moment she turns away from these new responsibilities, abandons them for the comfort of her cousin sister's silky mane.
"I'm so sorry-" she whispers hoarsely, her voice for Amaris and Amaris alone. She wants to say more, but already Savera is yanking at her hair and mewling, and Neaera is looking back at them both, and there is still Mesec to deal with... and so she pulls her face away, reluctant, but with the barest hint of a grateful smile curling on her lips.

She waits, her heart in her throat, as her small family assembles and tries to find their feet. The silence threatens to become unbearable, until Neaera - sweet, perfect, merciful Neaera - breaks it with an undeniable expression of childhood perplexity, which Natraj has followed up on. The fox barks and the fire dancer steps forward slowly, her body still rooted to Amaris, her younger daughter still clinging to her leg. Natraj shows her a confusing image inside the egg, and Tandavi's long neck arches over both of them to peer into the bright darkness, Savera also pushing at her twin while striving to investigate and figure out what's going on. The mother blinks, curious. She's never seen anything like this before.

It is a day for newness all around.

"It looks like you have twins, Neaera," Tandavi declares, peering in closer, inspecting the chicks. Fire and darkness, Natraj points out. Just like them. The fire dancer bites her lip thoughtfully before looking up, her eyes trying to meet Mesec's, a peace offering within them. "Maybe your father wants to name this one?" she suggests quietly, before glancing back at Amaris, her expression softening, a plea and invitation of closeness on her face. "I'm sure your maasi Amaris would like to meet them, too."

With this proper introduction Savera decides that, yes, she would like to meet her aunt, scrambling under her mother's belly to get closer to the golden mare. The focus of her parents seems to be on Neaera, and though she adores her sister, the little filly is feeling these earliest signs of envy. So she scoops up Devi on her bed of eggshell and shyly nudges the griffin toward Amaris, as if to say, Hi, look, I have a companion too - admire me, please.

@Mesec
Guys post order is a lie

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Messages In This Thread
right now i need a miracle - by Tandavi - 07-08-2017, 08:24 AM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Neaera - 07-08-2017, 08:59 AM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Savera - 07-08-2017, 09:27 AM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Tandavi - 07-08-2017, 09:51 AM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Neaera - 07-08-2017, 10:36 AM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Savera - 07-08-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Mesec - 07-08-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Tandavi - 07-08-2017, 10:19 PM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Amaris - 07-09-2017, 07:19 AM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Neaera - 07-09-2017, 06:56 PM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Savera - 07-10-2017, 02:34 PM