the Rift

[PRIVATE] clear nights

Kirottu Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Youmna :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Lamplight Whit
Kirottu
the cursed one
If I was an honest cerndyr, which I am, I wasn't sure how my bondmate pulled it off. I wasn't sure how he had convinced the curious cloudmare to linger long enough to see his curse lift in the moonlight, how he had managed to prove himself to her in a spar, how he had managed to win her affections.

I certainly believed I helped matters. I was charming, handsome and strong, and I wasn’t afflicted with a curse that ruined my body whenever the sun rose. I befriended the cloudmare as well, and I too had grown quite fond of her - though I had conveniently made myself scarce when their evenings turned to spars and other things.

Kiro was a changed stallion. While he changed every time the sun rose and set, this was different. This change was far deeper than the superficial afflictions his curse laid upon him night and day. This was far deeper, and far more profound.

I want to believe that he has finally beaten his curse.

Through the bond, it didn't seem to hurt as much. I could barely feel the echoes of the aches and pains his body would endure during the day, for now all I felt was contentedness, happiness, adoration for the mare who though she travelled upon her magnificent wings and wandered with her strong legs, always returned to our side.

They seemed to communicate in varying degrees of insults, at least she seemed to call him dickhead and he would smile and tug at her mane and then they would both laugh and carry on as if this was normal. It was all new to me, and to him, but he seemed to accept it as his norm, so I did too.

So when the mare came at him with anger, rage and defiance upon her brow, I was the most surprised when he somehow bore all of it and managed to convince her to accept it too - and then I conveniently became sparse again as things got a bit heated.

It wasn't long before, with her ever-expanding sides, the time came. Even though I was not bonded to her, I could see the pain rippling through her body, see the way it caused her to tremble and waver, even as she spat out a last insult to my bondmate. He reached out to her, knowing it was her way of seeking solace and comfort, and she pressed in him - they steadied each other, until she had to lay down, until nature had to take over and deliver the creation(s) they had carved together.

I was a sentinel, a guard, a protector as Kiro stood closer, ensuring his mate and his children all survived this experience. I was as surprised as he was to see that it was twins who were born, strong and beautiful, immediately earning a place in both his and my hearts.

I watched as Cirrus rose soon after, as she looked from colt to filly to stallion. I watched her expression harden, as fear seemed to flash through her, and I tugged at my bondmate's mind to alert him of this fact.

He didn't question my tug like he might have previously, but instead turned to her immediately, with concern written all across his face, with adoration and something as close to love as he'll ever get behind his eyes.

"Cirrus?" I hear him ask, as he strode to her still-wobbly side and lean against her, ensuring she had the support she needed. And while she accepted the touch for a time, she also pulled away too quickly, putting distance between them, before turning to look at him with her sharp cerulean gaze.

"What's wrong?" he asked, desperation and worry colouring his tones, and I moved closer too, satisfied that the surroundings were safe enough, focussing my attention instead on the mare who glittered with the starlight of the clear night sky above and her shivering, scared posture.

"Will you stay?" came her croaked reply, her hushed question, and I was as confused as Kiro at first, until she asked again: "When the sun rises again; Will you stay?"

Understanding bloomed, and I felt relief wash through Kiro as he bounded forward to close the distance between them, embracing her feathered withers in a tight hug, willing his strength to never let her go.

"I'm not going anywhere, not without you, and our children," he said, pulling back to tug at her mane with his lips and blow a kiss upon her cheek, knowing it to be something she claimed to 'hate' and hoping it would help to reassure her, to reaffirm to her that he was here, and would continue to be here, curses be damned.

floweringfatality | whimzi
on deviantart

Messages In This Thread
clear nights - by Cirrus - 07-08-2017, 07:52 PM
RE: clear nights - by Kirottu - 07-08-2017, 09:16 PM
RE: clear nights - by Cirrus - 07-08-2017, 09:39 PM
RE: clear nights - by Kirottu - 07-08-2017, 11:40 PM
RE: clear nights - by Indra - 07-09-2017, 12:15 AM
RE: clear nights - by Eira - 07-09-2017, 10:18 PM
RE: clear nights - by Cirrus - 07-10-2017, 06:47 AM
RE: clear nights - by Indra - 07-10-2017, 07:17 AM
RE: clear nights - by Eira - 07-11-2017, 05:29 AM